Hey guys. I own a 2003 White Jeep Liberty. It has dark ass tint. I believe it has like 3% for the back windows and the front two windows has like 5%. The windshield is tinted too but I forget how much. Anyways, I thought my Jeep would look better if it had blac rims instead of the chrome. It has chrome rims right now that are made by Jeep but I want the rims to match my tint. I know there is a way to paint your rims because my friend did it to his BMW. He had to take off each tire, sand the rim down, paint it, let it dry and then put it back on. He did this to each rim one by one. After that you gloss the rim to give it that shiny look. So anyone done this before that could help me? I will have some pics up of my Jeep to give you an idea of what you're loooking at. I will have them up in a second. Thanks.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

i always thought you had to get them powdercoated. pics of said jeep please.

IMO i think black rims with the chrome stip along the tire looked cool.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

white truck deffenetly black rims!!!!

you could try what your friend did, sand down the rims then paint them. you could always sand it back off and take them sumwhere to be done or buy new rims :spiteful:

i personally would just spray bomb them while they are still on the truck, but thats me. i spray paint my car everytime i can see rust again. it faids i spray it again. i have a $300 cavalier tho lol

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Are those chrome or polished aluminum with a clearcoat?

Powdercoat is still the best way to do them, even if you get a pro to paint them and clearcoat them, rock ships will show on them pretty easily.

Keep in mind that there are plenty of Liberty Sport owners out there that would buy the limited wheels, I used to be one of them (2002 Liberty Sport traded in for the PT). You could sell them and get aftermarket wheels.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Powdercoat is still the best way to do them, even if you get a pro to paint them and clearcoat them, rock ships will show on them pretty easily.

Keep in mind that there are plenty of Liberty Sport owners out there that would buy the limited wheels, I used to be one of them (2002 Liberty Sport traded in for the PT). You could sell them and get aftermarket wheels.

yea i like that idea

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

Looking at your PT before I made this thread pretty much motivated me to do this. I always had the idea of painting my rims black but your PT gave me a good visual lol.

My rims I believe are polished aluminum with a clear coat. I just called them chrome because I never knew what they really were lol.

I honestly would rather just keep my rims instead of selling them and buying new aftermarket rims. I like these rims for my Jeep. How do you powdercoat them? Give me some insight on this?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings