House Robbed And Held At Gun Point....

You cannot shoot someone who is stealing private property by the way. You cannot legally protect your private property with deadly force. You can only use deadly force if your life is being threatened.

X2..and let me state that just cause you have a firearm, doesn't mean for 1 second that you will have the Training or Know How to protect yourself in a jacking.

I can't speak for all states, but here in Colorado, The law states this:

Section 18-1-704

1: A person is justified in using physical force upon another person in order to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonable believes to be the use of imminent use of unlawful physical force by that other person, and he may use a degree of force which he reasonably believes to be necessary for that purpose

2: Deadly physical force may be used only if a person reasonably believes a lesser degree of force is inadequate and

a: The actor has reasonable grounds to believe, and does believe, that he or another person is in imminent danger of bein gkilled or of receiving great bodily injury;

So what this means is that if someone is not phyiscally commiting a crime against you, making you believe you are about to receive imminent danger, then you can't pull out or use a firearm. Just pulling it out to scare someone is called brandishing and it will get you arrested.

Coolwazabi did the right thing..stay calm and give them what they want. Material things can be replaced, lives can not

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Dude sorry to hear of your troubles but most of the guys on the 4th page are right.

You are too much of a kid and not yet enough of an adult to own a firearm. And just beacuse you own one doesn't mean your going to know what to do when the time comes.

Additionally (as already stated) if u pull a piece and the other guy has one u best be prepped to fire. Most people who carry have ZERO issue pulling the trigger. I know that currently with the law on base here I cannot keep a firearm in my place. One married and in on base housing or if i live off base its no problem. Will I get myself a .45 when I move? YOUR GODDAMNED RIGHT!!!! But then again, I am 23, military trained on a nice chunk of weapons, and have never had any issue squeezing the hammer when the time came. Its just what we do.

Anyways last but not least, use of deadly force laws very state to state and in some instances county to county. Some read that if someone pulls a firearm on you, its threat of deadly force and as such deadly force IS authorized. Other states say ur basically fucked, sit down and offer the guy a shot of Jack.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

Anyways last but not least, use of deadly force laws very state to state and in some instances county to county. Some read that if someone pulls a firearm on you, its threat of deadly force and as such deadly force IS authorized. Other states say ur basically fucked, sit down and offer the guy a shot of Jack.

x10000

and thats one of the main reasons why i started a little gun site to post the laws of different states so people can eaisly find out what is legal or more so whats writen in the law. keeping in mind nothing is more infomative than the advice of a lawyer when it comes to self defence. if youre wrong on your move then you can go to prison over murder.

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Archived