How To Tell If A Song Is Clipped

interestinggg

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

Can I get some info on the song "bass I love you"? The song is obviously not clipped (according to audacity), but for some reason the tech guys at edesignaudio.com suggested that I stay away from that song and other songs like it if I want my subs to stay in good shape.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Can I get some info on the song "bass I love you"? The song is obviously not clipped (according to audacity), but for some reason the tech guys at edesignaudio.com suggested that I stay away from that song and other songs like it if I want my subs to stay in good shape.

it goes wayyyyyy lowwwwww thats why... jus use your subsonic filter and youll be straight :good:

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

irs sad that big record companies put out albums with clipped shit.. i mean dont they pay that "sound tech" alot of money to clean everything up and have a good clean track? who honestly wants to buy a clipped to hell cd?

its usually not the orignal cds... its dj mixtapes and leaked copies of songs that have the most amount of clipping...keep in mind it doesnt mean death to ur speaker... but when its present... be aware and cautious of the heat and smells ur system is producing... if you know ur shit u should be able to smell the coils getting warm and start to get hot before any damage occurs

interestinggg

it is... u can learn alot about music with an oscope and audacity/adobe audition

iirc is has a pretty loud note at 16-20hz... which few people can reproduce well, especially in a car, especially when tuned almost an octave above the note being played... this is where t-lines come into play... since u can have vvery little dropoff below tuning

if ur subsonic filter is set at 30hz... box tuned to 32hz.. slope of 12db..

u could still be sending a pretty loud note of 12-14db at 16hz... and unless u know what to listen for and smell for... u could smash ur voicecoil against the backplate and break/slap tinsel leads real fast...

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

to further the explanation

gorilla zoe - money man(i dont remember if this is the one i slowed or not.. still applies)

ripped from original cd at mp3 vbr 192-256kbps using wmp10

notice it has 28db @ 39hz without any clipping... thats a frickin loud note!

Posted Image

now see what happens when i added 12db bass boost @39hz... this is what ur bass boost knobs are doing... this is why they are not good to be used... only gain/level knobs adjust all notes the same by lowering the amplitude... bassboost knobs do this.. add distortion, period.

Posted Image

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Bass knob clips? I thought only "bass boost" clips.

My nine.1 came with a bass knob and at max is pretty much just where I tuned it at.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Well, time to compile a new cd without super clipping :(

Anyone know if there's a nonclipped version of Gucci Mane - Yellow Diamonds

?

Bass knob clips? I thought only "bass boost" clips. My nine.1 came with a bass knob and at max is pretty much just where I tuned it at.

whats the difference... one is boosted before it goes to amp and one after... same affect. think of ur bass knob as a remote gain knob.... but only at one frequency + those affected by the slope... some songs can tolerate 3-6db of adding boost without clipping... but without a clipping indicator or a oscope... u will never know when u entered clipping... whereas the gain on the amp amplifies all notes the same... this is why u use a 50hz tone to set the amps gain... its between 20-80hz... the usual response expected by a subwoofer

I'm pretty sure he meant Bass Boost.

Bass boost to the song and on the amp playing the same song will create the same distortion...

Well, time to compile a new cd without super clipping :(

Anyone know if there's a nonclipped version of Gucci Mane - Yellow Diamonds ?

goodluck..ive been trying for awhile

give me a second to upload... i got more

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

money man on wmp10 oscope unclipped but slowed by me @ 1:50

Posted Image

so long as we can agree that a bass knob is an eq at a specified frequency... then when i add boost with the graphic equalizer its the same as the bass knob... but instead of a centered 45hz boost... i boosted at 31... the affect will be the same

this is with just 6db bass boost at 31hz with a peak note of 39hz... so the boost isnt even affecting it as much as if the boost was at 39hz(which is what i did using audacity)

Posted Image

again... but 12db boost.... this is a horrendous distortion

Posted Image

i think ive explained as much as i can show about boosting bass both before the amp and after

what do u think bigpimpin91?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived