Second Skin Audio

Help Chooseing Subs

Been looking for some subs and right now I have a t10001bd and I'm looking so far at 3 15'' cvr, 2 15'' L7 or 2 15'' re SX15D4 or 2 15'' T1 looking to get the most for my money and right now I could get any of these of these combos for under $500 looking for that loud here me coming type of bass. I know these questions get asked alot but it's been awhile since I've had a good system and don't know what's good or does what.

well kicker will be loud but i dont care for the kind , re would prob give the best sq as well as great bass with power you have

might want to check into some dc audio subs

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

well its not that there bad products dont mean to make it sound like that, but IMO kicker (other than the solox) are for highschool kids and ones who dont know what else is out there for the same dollar that sounds better and gets louder and wont explode with a little extra power

and rite now youre not into sound offs, but once you get loud and know you are youll find yourself at a show somewhere and wish you would have went with a different sub

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

no offense to kicker....but im at mobile dynamics for car audio installation...n a student here has gone through 3 l7s in 2 weeks....with 40 watts over powered....personally there is better out there for ur money man and the sub doesnt neccasarily make it loud man. 20% product 80% install. u can have the best sub in the world...if its in a shitty box and not tuned properly its gonna prolly sound like shit. personally save ur money on kickers and get a sub that can take a beating better.

Ok for all those kicker haters, I have had 2 L7's for a year slamming on over 1200 watts to each of them...end of story..just detached the cone but it has been a YEAR....and it is still going after I glued it

Everyone has experiences...stop hating on kicker...

highschool kids?...man post the subs that will sound as loud as kicker at the same price...damn..more proof please k thx

I don't think we need to use these words to describe these subs....there are better, but not for the money...next to maybe some 15" type R's...and I've heard mine sound just as loud and just as hard if not harder...

Everyone keeps saying DC...what's the price for a 12" Lvl 4 DC sub?

Edited by Frozenbritches

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

SMDMafiaFrozenbritches.jpg

Ok for all those kicker haters, I have had 2 L7's for a year slamming on over 1200 watts to each of them...end of story..just detached the cone but it has been a YEAR....and it is still going after I glued it

Everyone has experiences...stop hating on kicker...

highschool kids?...man post the subs that will sound as loud as kicker at the same price...damn..more proof please k thx

I don't think we need to use these words to describe these subs....there are better, but not for the money...next to maybe some 15" type R's...and I've heard mine sound just as loud and just as hard if not harder...

Everyone keeps saying DC...what's the price for a 12" Lvl 4 DC sub?

back to your corner bud, over powering sub riging self....

no offense to kicker....but im at mobile dynamics for car audio installation...n a student here has gone through 3 l7s in 2 weeks....with 40 watts over powered....personally there is better out there for ur money man and the sub doesnt neccasarily make it loud man. 20% product 80% install. u can have the best sub in the world...if its in a shitty box and not tuned properly its gonna prolly sound like shit. personally save ur money on kickers and get a sub that can take a beating better.

lol that post was funny.... that student should probably stay there a lot longer to learn something then..... clipping, its a killer.

I do laugh at all the "they sound bad" comments.... not like they have won any SQ awards right? Install is everything.... you put them in a prefab box guess what they are gonna sound like ass.... just like 90% of all subs.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz