Second Skin Audio

Help Chooseing Subs

I'm sorry posting the prices is proof not the name...post a link to prices...it takes work to debate on something......

What I can't over power my subs?

All the Q's and SSD's should be fully loaded to do full potential correct?...it's 279 for a 15 while it's 240 for a shipped 08 L7

Edited by Frozenbritches

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

SMDMafiaFrozenbritches.jpg

overpowering subs that arent made to handle it will cause thermal or mechanical failure.

HDC312 - $229

HDC315 - $249

SSD12 - $189.00

SSD15 - $209.00

Q12 - $259.00

Q15 - $279.00

edit: fully loaded for Fi, add like $30-40 and 100-200 extra watts

Edited by Krannyman92

Ok and you're CERTAIN these will get as loud as 15" L7's with a little less cone area and meant for SQ and not SPL??...

I do recognize a cheaper sub at the same level but still...bang for your buck.....if you're a poor college student...

I overpower the L7's THEY ARE MEANT FOR IT...I've had countless people even from here and realm of excursion tell me they will take an extra 100-200 watts like a champ...

I gotta go anyways but I'm just trying to keep everyone from giving kicker a bad name...

kicker competes....period...don't spit on them because the SQ is a little beneath your taste

Edited by Frozenbritches

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

SMDMafiaFrozenbritches.jpg

the HDC's will get very loud, the Q's are for SQ and the SSD's are the entry line.

i cant get prices on the DC's, someone on here knows them though

edit: Cant forget about RE

Edited by Krannyman92

Reason I ask about the kickers is because I can get 3 brand new off ebay for about $380 shipped and I have a local kicker dealer that would build the box. I live in no where so there will be no bassoff's I hated driving to race r/c's to win money so I know I'm nothing drving for a bassoff.

What the hell are these

the HDC's will get very loud, the Q's are for SQ and the SSD's are the entry line

ive heard kickers, yea they got loud but there are subs that get loud and still sound good. for sum1 just getting into car audio it would be difficult to build a nice sounding box without trial and error.

dc's are great subs, i love mine and everyone i know that owns them loves them also. pm rusty for pricing on dc subs.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Reason I ask about the kickers is because I can get 3 brand new off ebay for about $380 shipped and I have a local kicker dealer that would build the box. I live in no where so there will be no bassoff's I hated driving to race r/c's to win money so I know I'm nothing drving for a bassoff.

What the hell are these

the HDC's will get very loud, the Q's are for SQ and the SSD's are the entry line

HDCS are the audioque subs im not sure what series. THe Q is the FI Q sub woofer ment for SQ and the SSD is the FI SSD subwoofer the entry one,sort of like the kicker comp that's kickers entry level sub,yet the SSD can take 800 wrms :spiteful:

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Are these two speakers, 12's L7 and the 12' Fi SSD on the same level? Lets just say you put both speakers on a sealed box...

Who will win the following?

Loudness goes to?

Cleaner bass goes to?

More flex goes to?

L7 rms = 750

Fi SSD rms = 800

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903