ok well i wanna get some rims in the future and this guy told me that a good tire to put on 20s on my car would be 245/40/20 in the front and 275/35/20 for the rear... well im a tire noob i have no idea what that means so can someone explain these numbers to me i just dont want thick tires preferably low profile tires

The first number is going to be the width of the tire....the second number will be the height of the tire...the third is of course the rim size. The first two numbers are measured in MM, the last, you should know, in inches. You would only mix and match tire size ir you require a wider tire in the rear, or you just wanna look different. You can find a shop and they will tell you what tire is best matched for your driving style and what tires will be closet to the stock tire size, so that way your speedometer isn't off by too much.

The first number is going to be the width of the tire....the second number will be the height of the tire...the third is of course the rim size. The first two numbers are measured in MM, the last, you should know, in inches. You would only mix and match tire size ir you require a wider tire in the rear, or you just wanna look different. You can find a shop and they will tell you what tire is best matched for your driving style and what tires will be closet to the stock tire size, so that way your speedometer isn't off by too much.

sorry yeah this is from pep boys guy here in cinci ive been emailing him. so whats a good height of the tires with a low profile look?

2005 745Li

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/SelectTireSi...=Standard+Model

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTireR...g=Y&RunFlat=All

all the tires for my car blehhhh

i hate all those designs and yeah the design of the thread also helps set the rims/car off too so its a tad important

these were the tires i really liked

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...e1=yes&place=15

cheap so i dont mind changing them often and they look really nice

but the biggest size they make for the rear is 275/30/20

you think that would be ok and should i probably get 245/35/20 for the front then or something?

it seems kinda logical to me to make the tires the same height in the front and back i dunno but it would make more sense to have a higher height in the back than the front so that shit confuses me

ok well i wanna get some rims in the future and this guy told me that a good tire to put on 20s on my car would be 245/[glow=red,2,300]40[/glow]/20 in the front and 275/[glow=red,2,300]35[/glow]/20 for the rear... well im a tire noob i have no idea what that means so can someone explain these numbers to me i just dont want thick tires preferably low profile tires

40 is thicker than 35...A 35 is usually considered low profile. The higher the number the more rubber on your tire...The smaller the skinnier the tire.

ok well i wanna get some rims in the future and this guy told me that a good tire to put on 20s on my car would be [glow=red,2,300]245[/glow]/40/20 in the front and [glow=red,2,300]275[/glow]/35/20 for the rear... well im a tire noob i have no idea what that means so can someone explain these numbers to me i just dont want thick tires preferably low profile tires

The 245 & 275 is the width...The last number is common sense...(20).

I think the 275/30-20 in back and the 245/30-20 in front would be a good offset size for your car.  You may want to go with a 40 in the front in case of bigger bumps. It wouldn't be a big difference and most folks wouldn't be able to tell without looking at the tire size anyways.

EDIT:  I had 295/45-20's on my truck. This is what they look like in real life, instead of on a website. The ones you're wanting wouldn't be much smaller than these.

P5040068.jpg