Sonic Electronix

Alrite well i just got my system all hooked up today, and it sounds really good, but there seems to be a problem with my amp. I think i know the problem, and im sure i'll get the response that i think i will , but here it is:

Im running a kicker zx2500.1 on 4 12" L7s that are all dual 4 ohms, so i have it wired to 2 ohms. I am running 0 gauge wire with a stock alt, stock battery and a kinetik 800. I know that thats not enough battery for my amp, but its all i could get for now. I had the gain set at about 1/4 of the way up, maybe a little more, and it was bumping good for a while, but when it hits a really hard note at full tilt, the amp cuts out for a second and goes into protect for ony a second, and then i starts bumpin again.....when i turned the gain down it seemed to be fine. So is it because im getting such drastic voltage drop? i had a voltage meter that i was using and it was reading above 12 volts the whole time, but im not sure how accurate that is.....so is there something that i can do on the settings of the amp, like the crossover, in order to fix this problem?

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

sounds like you need to up the electrical potna. you can cut the gains down more but get that electrical up to par.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

sounds like you need to up the electrical potna. you can cut the gains down more but get that electrical up to par.

yea thats what i thought.....well with the gain at exactly 1/4 of the way up, it doesnt go into protect, and it still slams.....so until i get another batt and a better alt, it'll have to stay there

Edited by loganuf

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

check your ground, make sure the paint is ground/scraped off where the lug touches the metal.

really that can affect it? ill def. check it tomorrow

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

Have a dmm? check the voltage at the amp when the bass hits, especially what it gets to when the amp cuts out. I am having the same problem with my kx1200.1, but it isn't due to voltage.

probably replacing the alternator with a higher output will fix the clipping... i was having amp clipping and lights dimming, car stalling etc. with my t1500-1bd amp I had just put in, and ended up having to upgrade to a more powerful alt. I didn't need to get a super powerful one, but a 120 amp(original was only 70amps) alternator just barely cut the mustard for my setup. No more amp clipping or car stalling in the middle of the road, yay!

alternator was only $140 at checker auto parts, best damn $ investment for insufficient power. that is, if you replace it yourself :)

Amps - 2x t1500-1bd

Subs - 2x hdc315's(copper d2's)

Deck - 1940's Amplitude Modulation radio

deffinately the voltage drop, I have the same amp, well the kx2500.1, when my car was all stock it would always go into protect when the big bass notes hit, I just got an ho alt and a 2nd battery and now its good, as for your voltmeter...I guarantee that if you check the voltage at the amp it will show you a much lower reading than what the one up on the dash is telling you

94 3000gt

18" Kicker Solo X

KX2500.1

2 KX350.4

8 JBL Coax Speakers

250A Mechman Alt