Cdizzle Posted August 28, 2008 Report Posted August 28, 2008 This was a topic I had problems with earlier, but I found a way around it, but I want to fix it now. Basically I got a new processor AMD 4400+ to replace my AMD 3800+ and they are both dual core. The thing is I put the new 4400+ into my computer and when I am not doing anything on my computer such as I close all windows and just shut my monitor off, it will freeze up when I come back an hour or so later to get on it... I go to turn the monitor on and the power light stays amber on the monitor, even if I leave the monitor on the mouse will not move on the screen. I got a tv card soon after I bought the processor and if I left that window up and just minimized the tv picture window it would not freeze the computer. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the deal is and how I can fix it... Quote Damn Thiefs
Owners1 Posted August 29, 2008 Report Posted August 29, 2008 It sounds like the video card going bad. Quote Hummer H2 ( Crossfire XS V2 15's (4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s (16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange http://www.youtube.com/Owners1
Cdizzle Posted September 1, 2008 Author Report Posted September 1, 2008 any conflicts in DM? Not that I can tell. The Video card is brand new and I didnt have this problem when I had the other processor in... I just leave music playing all the time right now and have the computer muted, but if I dont have something going then the computer will freeze... Quote Damn Thiefs
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.