Batteries.....

For my buddy here in Austin. Needs a new main battery for his PT, one main battery no second batteries. He does run a lot of electrical and a large Alpine setup.

He is looking at yellow and redtops from Optima, and I know there are differences between the two.

Please don't say Powermaster or Kinetik, as I don't think he has time to order either of them on the web. (Needs his car!)

What is better for a daily driver with a lot of electrical upgrades and a stereo? Yellow or Redtop????

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Thanks Dale, but can you guys please post why? I read that a redtop is a starting battery and a yellow is a deep cycle. If he doesn't run his stereo with the engine off, wouldn't the red be a better choice for a daily driven car?

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Thanks Dale, but can you guys please post why? I read that a redtop is a starting battery and a yellow is a deep cycle. If he doesn't run his stereo with the engine off, wouldn't the red be a better choice for a daily driven car?

well other than the red and yellowtop ... otpima also makes a dual purpose yelllowtop which is for starting (redtop) and deep cycle (yellowtop). anyways it's a yellowtop but has the guts of both starting and deep cycle. it costs just a lil bit more than a regular yellowtop (deep cycle).

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived