Battery + Capacitor Question

Alright i have a question

How should i wire this or should i just remove the capacitor all together.

I have my capacitor wired up now the right way. grounded and the amp grounded with feed going to the capacitor and then to the amp.

but i want to hook up a battery also how should i wire the battery with the capacitor or should i just wire the battery to the amp and get rid of the capacitor.

And if i were to wire just the battery should it go feed from main battery to 2nd battery. Then feed from second battery to amp. then ground amp and 2nd battery by them selfs.?

if you know any diagrams that you can show me easily that would be helpful im pretty handy i just don't want to fry something.

You can try to use your capacitor with the battery, chances are you wont gain anything major, but maybe lose some.

Just wire the positive wire comming from the front battery to the rear battery positive, then wire the rear battery positive to the positive on the amp.

Ground your amp to the rear battery, and ground your rear battery to the vehicle chassis. *** if you ground your amp and your battery to seperate grounds you may end up with a ground loop and have a little engine whine***

If your going to try and wire the front battery, rear battery and the capacitor.

Wire the positive wire from your front battery to your rear battery, the positive from the rear battery to the positive on the capacitor, and the positive on the capacitor to the positive on the amp.

For the negatives: ground your rear battery to vehicle chassis, ground your capacitor to your rear battery, and your amp to the negative on your capacitor. You could also wire the negative from your amp to the rear battery and not the capacitor, but this would use more wire and cause more resistance which will result in a weaker flow of current.

Thanks, That was really clear and easy to understand. I think that will work out well.

And if in the future i add say another battery i just wire them in series with the other battery's?

parallel... lower the resistance

and if you get a 2nd bat than the cap is really not doing anything

if you dont have a High Output alternator... sell the cap and use the money to get an alt!

You will want to run the batteries parallel, positive to positive and negative to negative no matter how many batteries you plan to add in the future.

If you wire the batteries in series it will be running at 24 volts, and most electronics in your car will not like you to say the least :) lol

for furture refrence:

Parallel wiring is positive to positive, negative to negative.

Series wiring is positive to negative.

But like we said, the cap wont help much with the extra battery, best off to sell it and invest money in something else, but try it out for yourself and see which works better. every car and stereo is different, 9 outta 10 times the cap wont help

good luck

Archived