a bit late steppin up to G, wirelss N is out now...

but yea google search ur wireless card

wireless N is for businesses you dont need N in your house unless you want to be able to share your network with some neighbors... youre internet speed probably isnt faster than wireless A anyway (11mbps i believe) so G (54mbps) is redundant but the most commonly used for mutliple pc setups in your house.

but if you cant find youre laptop on google do this

control panel->(make sure your on classic view bleh i hate the other one)->network connections->click once on the wireless connection just to highlight it-> on the left side under the catergory "Network Tasks" should be some options go down to "Change settings of this connection"-> in a text box under "connect using:" should be your internal wireless card and you can copy and paste that info and go into google and search it...

the download speed is supose to be a lot better with "N"

did it work wazabi?

the router can only be as good as your internet service provider... N is only better with business where their networks are like T3 and shit for home use where your network is probably like 3-5mbps on broadband G is the best way to go cause N would just be a waste of money

Guest MegaloManiac

thanks guys... i found out what card i got.... but currently i have a cable modem that is about 5 years old and a router thats a linksys wireless-b which is "11 mbps"... thinking about upgrading to G would make downloads faster ? it says its like "54 mbps"... i was looking at this model... its both router and modem...

http://cgi.ebay.com/SBG-900-MOTOROLA-SURFb...1QQcmdZViewItem

currently i have an odd problem... about daily i have to turn off my router and modem so i can get service again... also when i open a lot of videos eventually the internet won't work and i have to restart the internet once again..

any ideas what i should of shouldn't do ?  :help:

i accidently split while you posted