Sundown Audio

amp for my btl(s)

thegr8cody

welli was gonna do a soundstream cross over which did 13rms,that or the epic 160 not sure on either yet

i have no idea why you keep bringing that up, it has nothing to do with the power voltage the amp is seeing, all your crossover is doing is amplifying the input signal not the POWER

so how does the voltage to the amp work for it to see 12 volts,does does it just see it as long as voltage dont drop on the dash meter?

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

voltage your amp sees is dependant on the stoutness of your electrical, and the demand your equipment is putting on it.  you can have a million watts RMS for example and as long as you have the alternator power/battery power to keep up with it, your power should stay between 12 and 14 volts.

Lets say you dont have the proper electrical...your power output could drop as low as 9-10 volts output.

your crossover/line driver does nothing whatsoever for this.

The Crossover/line driver you keep bringing up is a device that works like so.

lets say you have an alpine head unit and the RCA preout voltage is 2volts, well that Crossover/line driver will boost that voltage to 9, 10 or in your case 13.5.  All this is is a stronger signal of the music you are playing over the stock 2volt preout.

ok,i understand now,i appreciate it a lot,so with a 130 amp alternator(not big i kno) a 2000 under the hood and 2-3 2400's in the back goof for about 8000rms

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

ok,i understand now,i appreciate it a lot,so with a 130 amp alternator(not big i kno) a 2000 under the hood and 2-3 2400's in the back goof for about 8000rms

I'd do a bigger alt...I have a 130amp (factory) and two yellow tops and my voltage would still drop into the 12s with only about 3000rms

Archived