Sonic Electronix

I have a ground noise problem that I believe is being made by my Pioneer HU. I'm thinking it's either the RCA plug (not the wire, but where the wire plugs into the back of the radio), or the actual Radio Ground wire (the small black one). I tried to follow the radio ground, but with no luck. I know I can make another ground, but in my 92 Blazer, it seems like all the area behind the radio is plastic. Can I just run a wire from the NEGATIVE on my battery to my radio ground? If I can do this, what is the minimum gauge wire recommended, as the amp is a small PA Fire and Ice, dedicated to highs. I've also seen the link to grounding the RCA plug and am going to try that as well. Thanks

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

try grounding out the outside of the rca plugs. Just split the ground from your radio harness to do this, should fix the problem.

I know this sounds stupid, but if you can, please detail a little more. I'm under the influence right now. Thanks :pardon:

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

I know this sounds stupid, but if you can, please detail a little more. I'm under the influence right now. Thanks :pardon:

LoL

Yea.

1) Find your ground wire in your wiring harness for your cd player (it should be the black wire) :)

2) Splice another ground wire into the ground on your harness. It only needs to be about 5 inches long or so (long enough to reach the back of your cd player). ***Also try to use a black wire so this way in the future you know its a ground if you ever take your cd player out for any reason***

3) After you resoldered your harness and shrink tubed it, wire capped it, or just twisted the wires and electrical tapped it back up, strip the other end of the wire and you want to attach it to the outside plug of the rca terminal. How you attach it is up to you, but easiest way is trying to twiste it around the outside of the plug, and then plug the rca cord back in, and have it hold in place by the plug. ***make sure that no wire touches the center pin of the rca cord (the part of the cord that sticks out, and slides into the hole)***

4) Put everything back together and test it out and see if its fixed.

Just a small image for a visual.

groundpioneer.jpg

This is usally a common problem with some pioneer headunits.

If it dont work try checking the ground on your amplifier, make sure that its grounded securly to bare metal and that everything is tight.

LoL

Yea.

Just a small image for a visual.

groundpioneer.jpg

This is usally a common problem with some pioneer headunits.

If it dont work try checking the ground on your amplifier, make sure that its grounded securly to bare metal and that everything is tight.

Will do, thanks for the response, take it easy brother :drinks: OH, and the dog giving the PINK PANTHER DOLL a BEDROOM PILEDRIVER is PRICELESS.

Edited by imfrom210texas

Tried it, but it actually cut off the speakers that were on each RCA as I touched that RCA with the "ground wire". I'll have to check everything again. I even have a separate "filter", but apparently that's not good enuff. I think it's the radio ground, not RCA, which is why I asked if I could just put NEG. from BATT to ground from radio. Do you think I should just try that?

umm, i got a link i made in my thread on how to fix this and it has pics, and its how i have mine now and it works perfect, ground loop isolators never worked for me, and is the ground noise comein from subs or interior speakers, and are they ona seperate amp ur mids n highs, and are ur power wires away from rca's? im askin this cause ive piddled with my headunit for about a month tryin to get rid of the ground noise and this is the only way i could get it to work right, and still does to this day, u only halfto do one of ur rca's on each side, like 1 on front rca and 1 on rear rca, thats all, subs shouldn't have ground feedback unless ur powerwire is nere ur rca's, u can run ur remote wire down the same side as ur rca's and speakerwires just not ur power wire, hope this helps and i think someone needs to call pioneer and let them kno about this thing, i love pioneer headunits but i hate ground noise they give.

heres the link to the ground noise page i made, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=15452

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

heres the link to the ground noise page i made, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=15452

I'll have to try it like that, but it won't happen today cuz I'm lazy. Thanks for the input.

np man, took me alot of trips to my buddys stereo shop to get it to work right and the only way he thought of it was one of his buddys useto be in sq comps and he said that guy worked like 4 months on his car and when he was done once he cranked the car to pull it out of the garadge he hurd the awfulest ground noise he ever heard, and this was the only way he could get it fixed and he told me about it, and he also said he fixed ground noise by turnin the amp around to face the oppasite derection and the noise stopped, its wierd how somethin can be damn nere perfect sometimes and just the little things makes u halfto almost tear out everything to get it to work, i worked my ass off for 8hrs makein my geo's wires clean as i could and once i crunk my car i got that evil ground noise and it pissed me off so bad, i took everything out and redone it and found out my subs rcas was ran by my power wire, but that was when i was a real noob and didn't kno ish, lol, but this site has taught me so much it aint even funny, smd ftmfw! lol great site to have on hand if u need a quick answer from knolageable ppl, hope everything works out well with ur system man

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

np man, took me alot of trips to my buddys stereo shop to get it to work right and the only way he thought of it was one of his buddys useto be in sq comps and he said that guy worked like 4 months on his car and when he was done once he cranked the car to pull it out of the garadge he hurd the awfulest ground noise he ever heard, and this was the only way he could get it fixed and he told me about it, and he also said he fixed ground noise by turnin the amp around to face the oppasite derection and the noise stopped, its wierd how somethin can be damn nere perfect sometimes and just the little things makes u halfto almost tear out everything to get it to work, i worked my ass off for 8hrs makein my geo's wires clean as i could and once i crunk my car i got that evil ground noise and it pissed me off so bad, i took everything out and redone it and found out my subs rcas was ran by my power wire, but that was when i was a real noob and didn't kno ish, lol, but this site has taught me so much it aint even funny, smd ftmfw! lol great site to have on hand if u need a quick answer from knolageable ppl, hope everything works out well with ur system man

Spoken like a true G :drinks: