Bibby's Bagged Fullsize GMC

Update 05/21/10: This project is finished.

Quote from post #102...

I really hate to bump this before I have anything to show for it, but this thing is officially on the front burner. The way this all went down, i was promoted in may 08, got a new place then started this. I then had to move in October(long story, don't sign month to month leases). In December, I put this on the back burner b/c i wanted another civic, so i started working on the civic.. I finished it in may, but i was again promoted and moved in July 09. I now make a lot more money which helps, and i dont have any other projects in this things way.

Sunday I started cleaning it up, and will be doing that until my parts get here at the end of Jan. I'm going to cut my bed this weekend for the notch to come through. Tomorrow i'm going to start taking my front fenders off and relocating things under the hood so ill have some pics of that over the next few days.

4Link, Notch, Bags, Front and rear brackets, fitting kit, and some extra line will be here by the end of January. I am on vacation from Feb 12-18th. I hope to have my bed cut, fenders off, 4 link on, and front bags mounted that week. Maybe more if my welder cam get up here. I will be laying frame by, lets see, can you say Valentines day?

I already have: Tank, compressor, switchbox, 1/2" valves, water trap, pressure switch, some fittings, and a little bit of line from my old civic bag build. The truck requires some different things to build.

(Pic in post 102 also.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Random pic of my car!

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is actually my first bagged truck, but my honda in my avatar was my first bagged ride. I did it last christmas. I did the work on it 100% by myself w/o knowing anything. but i read and read so much stuff, that wehn i did it, i knew exactly what i was doing. A couple of phone calls to meade on christmas eve, and day, and it was rockin. big props to him for that!

Here's a vid of it...

And some build pics too.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=14342

• 2 weeks later...

Dad came up with the impact, and we got it off today. OMG, this was so much easier w/ air. 3 bolts per side, took about 4 seconds each, and we was done. hoisted it up in the air, and out from under the bed it came. I got the bed, spare tire, and cut off the exhaust just before the axle. I drove it up to the house from the shop, and cleaned the frame up a little. Mainly jsut got all the mud, and junk off of it. then i took it back down to the shop, and chopped off the exhaust. I was fixin to take off the bumper, but the wife drug me away to mow the yard. Now i just gotta order my notch, and 4 link and get a welder up here, and get on it. Need some money though. :(

Dad sittin on the tailgate ready. Dont let him fool you, i did all the work. ha.

Posted Image

lifted up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Drive it out

Posted Image

NO BED !! MUHAHAHA!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Check out the exhaust. If we werent cuttin it off, it would need a new back half anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chopped Off

Posted Image

Posted Image

Going back in the shop for the night.

Posted Image

• 1 year later...

Update 01/11/10: This project lives, and will be finished by Valentine's Day '10.

I really hate to bump this before I have anything to show for it, but this thing is officially on the front burner. The way this all went down, i was promoted in may 08, got a new place then started this. I then had to move in October(long story, don't sign month to month leases). In December, I put this on the back burner b/c i wanted another civic, so i started working on the civic.. I finished it in may, but i was again promoted and moved in July 09. I now make a lot more money which helps, and i dont have any other projects in this things way.

Sunday I started cleaning it up, and will be doing that until my parts get here at the end of Jan. I'm going to cut my bed this weekend for the notch to come through. Tomorrow i'm going to start taking my front fenders off and relocating things under the hood so ill have some pics of that over the next few days.

4Link, Notch, Bags, Front and rear brackets, fitting kit, and some extra line will be here by the end of January. I am on vacation from Jan 22-27th. I hope to have my bed cut, fenders off, 4 link on, and front bags mounted that week. Maybe more if my welder cam get up here. I will be laying frame by, lets see, can you say Valentines day?

I already have: Tank, compressor, switchbox, 1/2" valves, water trap, pressure switch, some fittings, and a little bit of line from my old civic bag build. The truck requires some different things to build.

lay frame on 22s?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived