Sundown Audio

what does the mosfets do excatly? an why do they blow like that.. what makes them blow?

They amplify the signal - the power supply FETs "amplify" the car battery voltage up to power the output section and the output section amplifies the signal you input from the RCAs to power your speakers.

This is of course a simplification... but they are the heart of the amp.

They blow from over current most often.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

i know!!! all thanx to ficarauido789!!! u rock bro!

i just saw this one lol no need to thank me bro lol oh yea something else is about to be on its way hint hint 100.4 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

I AM GAY. MY FATHERS COCK IS IN MY ASS RIGHT NOW!

"I talk shit from the safety of my house"

• 3 weeks later...

Please do update here when you get around to checking the amp out.

ALOT of people on here, and all the other forums are running my refurbs already, but they don't put, "refurb SAZ-3000D" or whatever in their sigs, just "SAZ-3000D". There are quite a few out there, and my warranty department doesn't exist so far. We do a really good job on the SAZ refurbs, they are literally "rebuilt to last".

Please post the pics of the inside as well. I have some more pics of what it looked like when it came here, I may post some of those too so people can see the dramatic differences from start to finish.

thanx but im kinda on a tight budget for this build and db-r has a refurb for 720 shipped ... an im gonna be barley able to swing that .but thats for the offer focalroack4life

dude

$750 for bnib '08 > $720 refurb ..............shipping cant be but so much

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

ALOT of people on here, and all the other forums are running my refurbs already, but they don't put, "refurb SAZ-3000D" or whatever in their sigs, just "SAZ-3000D". There are quite a few out there, and my warranty department doesn't exist so far. We do a really good job on the SAZ refurbs, they are literally "rebuilt to last".

Please post the pics of the inside as well. I have some more pics of what it looked like when it came here, I may post some of those too so people can see the dramatic differences from start to finish.

I bought a refurb 1500 back around March and it looked MINT. Do you wax them before shipping 'em out? That thing shined better than my new 1500s.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

lol will do tonight... im picking her up tonight around 8-830 from ups and will have before and after pics!!!

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

dude

$750 for bnib '08 > $720 refurb ..............shipping cant be but so much

dude to be honest i wanted a refurb from DB-r... wait till u see the pics... chris from DB-r repaires sundowns to the next level!! and besides ... ull never guess what i have total into my REFURB sundown saz-3000d.. Edited by jonnylowkon

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

Here's some pics I took of it:

Posted Image

The amp was very dirty, and someone had "rattled it to death" literally. These mosfets stayed as I removed the board from the heatsink.

We rebuilt the power supply and output section for him. I am sure jonnylowkon will post more pics and info when he gets it all installed and working. There is extra soldering work that has been done to help reduce the chance of vibration damage GREATLY. But you cannot see it in these pics, hopefully he will get some closeups. We were pressed for time as usual when we did this amp so pics were limited.

Chris

dB-r Electronics