Youll like it alot my Dad has one and Kev aka Str8t6diesel has one they handle like a dream. Rusty how you liking it so far

I have a 996 but Ive been eyeballing a new 1098 tricolor forever :search:

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

The tricolor are straight up sexy

yes yes and my brokeass cant afford one but everyone and their momma seems like is getting a new ducati :censored: :censored: :censored:

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Congrats on the bike bro...I got 2 in the garage. I just went with the Base model though, since I had plans of overhauling the suspension. I've now made up my mind that next year, I'm trad'n the duc back in for a new R1. These ducs are absolutely horrible when it comes to reliability and have horribly crafted motors.

A couple of words of wisdom from the experience that I have had so far

1) Get the Regulator checked out as the wifes bike has already burned through 2 and I've already burned through 1 (start it and check your battery voltage. On many of the 1098's that I have seen and talked to the owners about, if your voltage is reading 14.3v or above, expect it to burn out. After having ours replaced ours now read 14.1v and we haven't had a problem)

2) Stick to the break in process from the owners manual. I've had a stalling problem since day 1 and DNA (Ducati North America) is very strict on their break in process (I've had the exhaust belt changed, the ECM updated and swapped out, the fuel pump changed, the Cam timing adjusted 5 degrees...I have 1800 miles on it and it still stalls just like the day that I bought it http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif )

3) Get a serious coat of wax on the bike as the paint on these bikes is very soft and it scratches very easily unlike any other bike that I have owned

4) Get rid of the passenger pegs ;)

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNG IT BAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCK...

My cousins son has one, might be the same kinda bike.. it has alot in common with a german shepard.. spends alot of time riding around in pickup beds...

it has alot in common with a german shepard.. spends alot of time riding around in pickup beds...

This ain't no joke. Here is the wifes bike literally 30 minutes after the purchase, leaving the dealer on the way home

Posted Image

That was Regulator #1 on the wifes bike that melted...fresh off of the showroom floor.

Unfortunately...I have to say it. Rusty...I truly hope you do not have the problems with your bike that I am having with mine, but I will NEVER buy another ducati.

Archived