Sundown Audio

Wtf! Yet Another Old School Amp Question!

ROLEXrifleman

OK, once again for the older members.

I have pain stakenly spent the last few months acuiring 50+ RF IX/DSM amps in addition to others when I came across a PPI A1200.2 I couldnt live without.

I found my subs, well now have 2 choices. i own them both so can swap at any time.

2 Boston G5's with 2 radiators and an ORIGINAL Cerwin Vega 15: Stroker D2

The way I see it I can run the gambit of configurations. But figured the best bet would have been 4ohms bridged.

I have a VII Zeus and Soundstream Refrence 1000 that I quickly eliminated from contention and the figured on RF.

I ended up with 4 500m's and 4 250m's. Gotta have 2 as back up.

I figured I would run either combo strapped to get my 1K at 4 ohms and be able to run cool PSD's as well up front in the double din slot with my trusty alpine 7949

THEN, the Art series A1200.2 came along. On paper 200 watts more than the strapped RF amps. Now we all know these amps were all under rated but the dilema still comes up. Now I'm thining of dumping some fosgate stuff to get more PPI.

Damn I hate this! All will be going in a 96 Vette.

At this point I'm thinging the G%'s + a ppi set up would be bad ass, BUT I don't want to discount my RF stuff.

I'm throwing another stupid system in my A-B work car just for kicks. 4 punch 40DSK's on boston fronts and mids and then 2 bridged out on a pair of OS Cerwin Vega XL-10s'

TIA for any input onthe amp dilema

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Both amps are solid but in this case I would go with the PPI Art series. They are more reliable.

ROCKFORD FOSGATE POWER SERIES FANATIC.

2002 Toyota-4 Runner, Alpine 9886, Audiocontrol 3.1

RF T400-4 (mids and highs), RF T1500-1BD @ 2 ohms (bass) on 2 RF 10 inch T1's

1990 300zx Alpine 9886,Alpine GG 180

RF T400-4 (mids and highs) and RF T500-1BD @ 2 ohms (bass) on a 10 inch Crossfire BMF

Both are excellent amps-but if you have both try them out for sound and then deciede. I love old rockford amps and have two 500m's myself-but I also have two power 1000's that I'll be using in my old school set-up. Thte 500m's are stable at 2ohm's which the ppi1200.2 isn't and the power 1000 is not. I like mono amps for that reason-which G5's do you have dual 4 or single? I'm die hard Rockford fan and like other old school amps-PPI,Phoenix gold, Orion-but I've always went back to Rockford's!

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

Archived