Hey guys, my alarm has not been functioning for a few years now.. but now im revamping my system and i want my alarm revamped as well.

The main problem is the remotes. Its a viper alarm system. Both remotes stopped working even though they had fully functional batteries in

them. I opened them up and saw that these things were built like garbage cuz the batteries were loose. We tried to fix them and everything but

now neither work at all. Has anybody encountered this problem? What do i do? If there are better replacement remotes.. what are they called

and where do i find them?

What kinda alarm is it? Its hard to answer your question with not all the needed info. Im sure theres about 15+ different types of viper remotes through out the years!

Is it a 2 way alarm or just a standard alarm? A 2 way alarm would be somthing like the viper 791xv that has the lcd pager remote that sends and receives data.

Sometimes you can change your remote to remote from another model alarm, as long as they have simular features

I know that the viper, clifford, and python 2 way lcd pager remotes are mostly all interchange with eachother.

So you could use a clifford or python remote on a viper alarm.

And I know there are cheaper alarms they interchange with too, but not sure on model numbers off hand.

You can also order most remotes from your local audio/alarm shop, directed.com, or even ebay.

By any chance when you changed your batteries have you tried to re teach the alarm to the remote? maybe the remotes are still good, you just gotta reprogram them to your alarm(s).

Like he said, we need more info on your alarm. Viper is part of DEI so anything clifford viper or python and some valet stuff are all interchanable. do your remotes power on? Like make any noice or show any signs of them working?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

Like he said, we need more info on your alarm. Viper is part of DEI so anything clifford viper or python and some valet stuff are all interchanable. do your remotes power on? Like make any noice or show any signs of them working?

thanks guys im def gonna figure out and get back to you exactly which viper alarm i have. if this helps though.. its not one of the lcd ones..

its just a regular remote with lock/ unluck aux and a panic button. Before i gave up completely the remotes would light up green when i

would press them but nothing would happen. for a while i would place the remote under my chin and do other weird things and it would

occassionally work but i stopped one day just because if i locked it and couldnt unlock it. i dont know if this would help but on the back of

the remote is a FCC ID.. i dont know if that would give you a clue as to which alarm i have but im going to figure out later when im home..

thanks guys.. hope to hear from you soon..