Sundown Audio

How To.... Us Amps Md3d

Aruman

I'm a bit confuse how to Wiring two US Amps MD-3D Using the MLT Wiring as shown in the Owner manual( pics,link below)The problem is that the owners manual says the lowest Impedance is 4ohm, so that means each MD3D should see min. 2ohm, now since I have 4x RE SX 12" Dual 4, 2 subs on each Amp at 1ohm, it confuse me, because if so than the min ohm should be 2 ohm for the MLT Wiring, but they recommend 4ohm min.

And if i wired the subs in series so the final ohm is 4ohms then the subs won't get the full power they should get.

So can I wiring them at 2 ohms final ( 1ohm each amp) and still using the MLT Master/Slave Wiring, or should a set each Amp apart, or there's other way?

Here's the link: http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n47/Aru...rent=USAmps.jpg

Anyways thanks,

Aruman.

Shaking The Neighborhood.

If each amp is 1 ohm stable I don't see why it would hurt it to run them at 2 ohms strapped. Like you said the amps would each see a 1 ohm load when they are strapped at 2 ohms. If you feel comfortable trying it, it's your decision. I might call US amps if I were you and ask them why exactly they have their manual worded that way. Otherwise you could run 2 subs per amp and then match the gains by measuring the outputs of the amps.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived