Envoy Box

Hey guys,

I am putting two 12” MTX 5500’s in a GMC Envoy. (I know nothing crazy) They are being fed about 400 rms each and the box will be 2.5 cubic feet a sub tuned @ 38 Hz. I am trying to figure out what the best configuration will be for sound. I have done port back subs back in the past with good results but I see more and more port up subs up as well as port back subs up. In your experience what would you pick and why…

Thanks!

:hairtrick:

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

since ur only doing 2 12s port back sub back is the best

when doing 15s or 18s it can benefit from doing subs up port back because the box takes up so much room it could put the port and subs in phase better... and it looks cool :rolleyes:

and when u are using the entire cargo area u have to do port up subs up... usually thats the only time its done...

the box would have to be put all the way back against the rear door with subs up port up whereas the subs back port back should be closest to the third row seat for the most amount of room before loading off the rear door

TeamSundown-sig.jpg