oh the envy

i want a t-line so bad.

damn yours looks huge theres no way id be able to fit one for my 2 10's in my van with the space i have.

i want to build one for two twelves but that won't be any time soon depending on the Sd and the fs of your subs you could maybe build a box that isn't all that large, i mean yeah it's going to be big but then again i had two of these speakers and when i built this box for just one it was a little louder than both of them together and it sounds SO MUCH better so you evner know you can build a box for one of those 10's and sounds pretty good give me max dimensions and Sd of one of your speakers and i might be able to help you out a little.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

yeah im not really complaining about this amp it looks like it's in pretty good condition and like kandiman said i only paid $75 for it and if it works that's one hell of a deal cause a new one shipped is around $200+ dollars so hopefully i'll be able to get order my power cables and my subwoofer will arrive soon and once i get it done i'll try and get it metered somewhere and you all can decide on how good im doing.

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Jenson XA2250

man, you got her looking good! ill miss that baby. one of the stronger amps ive had an actually i had it the longest cuz i never wanted to get rid of it lol i know she'll do ya well! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

and dont listen to the haters someone will always try and talk chit no matter wat you got :aggressive:

SMDMafiaxaosikk.jpg

εις το ονομα του Πατρος και του Υιου και του Αγίου Πνεύματος, eis to onoma tou Patros kai tou Huiou kai tou Hagiou Pneumatos,

You say this sub is louder than two of them in your previous box. May I ask what your previous box was?

Trying to get up the courage, time and materials to try and build one of these my self :) Good job on yours.

It was in a ported enclosure but it couldn't hit those low end notes very clearly so it sounded pretty bad i probably could of put more watts to my speakers in the last box but with the way it sounded i didn't want to risk ruining my speakers, and then i built this one and the low end notes are just so much more clear and it sounds louder fo sho, i'd recommend this box over ported or sealed anytime mainly because i'm more of a sound quality person than SPL

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Jenson XA2250

i would love to build a t-line but i have no idea on how to design one. i read the tutorial but i am lost. good work man.

yeah i thought the same the first time i looked at that tutorial, but after a couple of times of reading over it, i started to understand the concept of how to make one you just need to remember to keep your port area constant and then you figure out how long to make the port by dividing the sound of speed by the # of hertz desired, then you take that number and divide it by four to equal 1/4 the wave. and then you convert that to inches which makes it a little easier.

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Jenson XA2250

yeah i thought the same the first time i looked at that tutorial, but after a couple of times of reading over it, i started to understand the concept of how to make one you just need to remember to keep your port area constant and then you figure out how long to make the port by dividing the sound of speed by the # of hertz desired, then you take that number and divide it by four to equal 1/4 the wave. and then you convert that to inches which makes it a little easier.

ummmmmm ok. lol. :search:

----reference's----

meade916

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been a while since i've updated this crap. I got my new sub finally and i'm working on setting up my box for it. But due to some budgets a short and simple task turned into something long an complicated but it's getting there. I still have to order my power cables and ground for my amp and finish the big III. I'm hoping i'll be able to order the rest of my cables pretty soon and i'm finishing up my box for this new massive speaker. I only have one pic of it cause i didn't have my camera handy and it's not very good but it's a new FI Q12 sub, weighing in at just under 30 pounds this thing is a beast, can't wait to hear it soon.

Posted Image

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Jenson XA2250

ok bro, where are the pics with all the new equipment and wiring installed?

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Archived