Jump to content

I Think Financially Us Is F#@%ed


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm glad that the "Bail Out" didn't happen too. But another one is coming.... and it will be bigger and worse. True, Monday's 777 point drop was the largest number drop ever, but as a percentage, it was only 6-7 percent. The market dropped 25% in one day in 1982! Monday wasn't bad.... it's gonna' get worse though. We live in a world economy- when one country hurts everyone hurts. The crazy thing is that the Asian markets dropped more as a percentage than the American markets. How big are we? That's how much we consume.

But we consume on debt and you can only borrow so long until either the bill comes due or you run out of credit- which brings me to my point that is going to be hard for some to take:

Who is to blame? Everyone. If you have a credit card, it is your fault, if you buy furniture on store credit it is your fault, if you finance a car it is your fault, if you purchase a home without putting at least 10-15% down so you will have a strong equity position it's your fault, if you don't have 6-8 months of household expenses in CASH it is your fault, if you have any kind of debt other than your home on a fixed rate without cash in the bank, it is your fault, if you are a bank lender and approved a loan for someone in the previous conditions it is your fault, if you work at freakin' hedge fund and buy securities in DEBT you are to blame, if you just sling this debt around to get what you want- be it other people's money or junk you just want- it is your fault.

I can say this because I don't spend money I don't have. I am 28 and have no debt other than my house that now has more equity than debt- even with the downturn in the housing market. I have cash and lots of it if I can't work- so I CAN pay my house note. I have purchased an almost new car with cash. That being said, I don't make much money. After taxes, my wife and I only take home around 35-40k a year. I don't pay banks, they pay me, because I work my butt off and only buy what I can actually buy with cash- I don't borrow to have things, because when you do they really have you. I know sometimes there are no jobs, people can't find work or a million other things- but even then it is no excuse. For 2 years out of school, my wife and I combined made less than 13k per year. We lived on that. No credit cards, no debt, no eating out, no movies, no cable. When the road gets tough, the tough get going.

The experts say if they don't pass this "Bail Out", or something like it, that there will be a credit freeze. They say that people won't be able to continue to borrow money for school or cars and it will be really hard to get a home.... Sorry, but boo hoo. I studied hard, got a partial scholarship and worked 2 jobs to get through school with no debt. I drive cars that are 20 years old and save money to buy one with cash. I did the same for a home. It is time for people to hunker down and bust it. WORK. This "credit crisis" didn't happen overnight and it won't be fixed overnight. You can't throw money at it to fix it because where will you get the money??? Oh- THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO BORROW IT!!!! We have lost our place of strength in the world because we owe ourselves and every other nation in the world! You can't borrow your way out of debt!!! You have to work your way out. We as people and as a nation should have been paying our way out of debt for the last 20 years, but we went the easy way and borrowed for everything. So here we are and it is time to bite the bullet, wipe the blood from our noses, and take it like Americans by working our way out of this. ...And never be indebted like this again.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install


You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Posted

I just got off work, I read all 6 pages, skimmed some comments... I cant believe how the US is all high and mighty over the rich, and screw the poor

Russel Crowe is on Jay Leno, his Idea was, "Just give every American $1million" lol

would be nice

Since money cant just be made with out something to back it up, how you can make money is sell energy. And it doesn't have to be oil based at all

If for the US as a whole, skip the bankers, and mortgage people, and just go full steam on alternate power, I think honestly, that is one of the best ways to get thru everything, today and for years to come.

There is a race to get to the moon, there is a element there called Helium 3- H3 it is the most expensive element known to man at this time. Something like $4 - 5 billion per ton. The benefit of it is that you can use what is on the moon to power the USA for 1000 years. Its safer than nuclear fusion, and is CLEAN, and cant have a melt down like a nuclear reactor can- on that same scale anyways

I just look at everything, and think Energy

More jobs, more money, cleaner environment, fuck oil, fuck these home loans gone bad

Millions of jobs can be made using our own countries sources(and the moons), so we don't have to rely on other countries, and help keep our money here

Imagine applying for a job as a minor on the moon- Count me in

As far as today, stock market and all that other drama, I hope something is done soon- There are more middle class and poor people than these rich fukers, give us some respect

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

I just got off work, I read all 6 pages, skimmed some comments... I cant believe how the US is all high and mighty over the rich, and screw the poor

Russel Crowe is on Jay Leno, his Idea was, "Just give every American $1million" lol

would be nice

Since money cant just be made with out something to back it up, how you can make money is sell energy. And it doesn't have to be oil based at all

If for the US as a whole, skip the bankers, and mortgage people, and just go full steam on alternate power, I think honestly, that is one of the best ways to get thru everything, today and for years to come.

There is a race to get to the moon, there is a element there called Helium 3- H3 it is the most expensive element known to man at this time. Something like $4 - 5 billion per ton. The benefit of it is that you can use what is on the moon to power the USA for 1000 years. Its safer than nuclear fusion, and is CLEAN, and cant have a melt down like a nuclear reactor can- on that same scale anyways

I just look at everything, and think Energy

More jobs, more money, cleaner environment, fuck oil, fuck these home loans gone bad

Millions of jobs can be made using our own countries sources(and the moons), so we don't have to rely on other countries, and help keep our money here

Imagine applying for a job as a minor on the moon- Count me in

As far as today, stock market and all that other drama, I hope something is done soon- There are more middle class and poor people than these rich fukers, give us some respect

the h3 energy is way in the future....It would require many technologies we don't have yet, including getting it the fuck down here. For the price to use a shuttle to do that type of thing, the loss would be ten to one. And, we still don't know for sure if we can cleanly process it on a mass scale, it's only a speculation. However, nuclear power is right here, right now, and without complete human ignorance (which unfortunately, is inevitable), it is completely safe. Building a few nuke plants would cost almost nothing, especially considering we have tons of enriched uranium and plutonium just sitting in nukes waiting to destroy the world. 4 or 5 of those babies and we can build plants across the country.....

-studying to be a nuclear engineer, it's my thing.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Posted

idk why it seems like such a surprise to so many members, we all should know that the war were fighting right now is a war being funded by credit card like means. we have not paid 1 penny out of our pockets for this war, which is why we are not paying taxes out he ass, and it literally cost about 10 million a week to keep fighting this war. and instead of paying forit our selves we borroe the money 2 fund the war from China... so in the end were fucked either way... thank you G.W. Bush for being an idiot

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

Posted

when NASA says it costs $1million a MINUTE to keep 1 astronaut in space, that IS BS, thats why there is all these X prizes going on, affordable space travel. H3 reactors have been built, just working the kinks, not a far out future possibility, but more within 15 or so years

Why do you think there is another race for the moon? because next person up there will be the most powerful country in the world

we had lost that title I would say in the last few years. But anyways, its something to look forward to in the future, and not distant future

http://www.asi.org/adb/02/09/he3-intro.html

^ $300billion extra a year in the US would be nice

http://www.betterhumans.com/blogs/dry_obse...01/28/4193.aspx

^ here says as early as 2020 to start mining

long away, I know

But still, I think energy is the way to go to keep money, and keep it in the US, and open jobs up all across america

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

idk why it seems like such a surprise to so many members, we all should know that the war were fighting right now is a war being funded by credit card like means. we have not paid 1 penny out of our pockets for this war, which is why we are not paying taxes out he ass, and it literally cost about 10 million a week to keep fighting this war. and instead of paying forit our selves we borroe the money 2 fund the war from China... so in the end were fucked either way... thank you G.W. Bush for being an idiot

1. I'd definitely watch your last statement, as david warned against that.

2. They borrowed more than plenty from us, along with half of the countries in the world, and never paid up, so fuck them all. It seems like when it comes to dept on a country wide scale, the U.S. is the only one every worried about paying it back within due time.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Posted

when NASA says it costs $1million a MINUTE to keep 1 astronaut in space, that IS BS, thats why there is all these X prizes going on, affordable space travel. H3 reactors have been built, just working the kinks, not a far out future possibility, but more within 15 or so years

Why do you think there is another race for the moon? because next person up there will be the most powerful country in the world

we had lost that title I would say in the last few years. But anyways, its something to look forward to in the future, and not distant future

http://www.asi.org/adb/02/09/he3-intro.html

^ $300billion extra a year in the US would be nice

http://www.betterhumans.com/blogs/dry_obse...01/28/4193.aspx

^ here says as early as 2020 to start mining

long away, I know

But still, I think energy is the way to go to keep money, and keep it in the US, and open jobs up all across america

problem is, our oil will be too close to depletion by the to drill anything up there....we need an answer now. There is no reason whatsoever why we can't have more nuclear power plants. If people are informed about how safe they are, and how the very few meltdowns in the past were caused by human errors which would be much easier to protect against with modern technologies, they would be more open. Certain people are against this for personal gain reasons though.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Posted

I know they are safe, but there is always that slight possibility, or terrorist attacks, blahh blahh

My neighbor works at one, doing some construction, he was making scaffoldings OVER the watter of the reactor, he was telling me, 1 slip, and thats it. I guess at that plant 1 guy did slip in the water, just got a leg in the water or something, and became really sick, almost died

But yeah, I know they are safe

But wind is safer, wave generators, solar power, and that new wind tunnel thing, I don't know what its called, but basically a tower up to like 3000 feet tall, and works on vacuum between sea level and upper air levels. Gets turbines turning constantly, all the time, always making power

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

I know they are safe, but there is always that slight possibility, or terrorist attacks, blahh blahh

My neighbor works at one, doing some construction, he was making scaffoldings OVER the watter of the reactor, he was telling me, 1 slip, and thats it. I guess at that plant 1 guy did slip in the water, just got a leg in the water or something, and became really sick, almost died

But yeah, I know they are safe

But wind is safer, wave generators, solar power, and that new wind tunnel thing, I don't know what its called, but basically a tower up to like 3000 feet tall, and works on vacuum between sea level and upper air levels. Gets turbines turning constantly, all the time, always making power

there are plenty of solutions, but someone needs to realize they will be very profitable or it won't happen. ....and if your friend slipped and the reactor wasn't there, chances are he still would have bit the bullet...Gravity is a bitch.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Posted

10ft man....... he was building a bridge over the water to work on the ceiling I believe, just a bruised arm, or sprained ankle, he said it wasn't that high at all, ceiling was really low

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8986 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...