Need Help Choosing New Computer....

Check out www.edealinfo.com. There is a lot of PCs on there in your price range.

Check out these in the dell section

http://www.edealinfo.com/dell/#DH518c

Most likely the computer has to be in bestbuy inventory or stock..

The red sony viao isnt to shappy, but I was browsing more.

This one is a silver sony viao, and the same price I think you would be more pleased with it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1211587729137

Your gaining a faster processor speed, both are core 2 duo mobile but this one is 2.26mhz vs the 2.00mhz.

Tho the cd-rw burner is a tad slower, but not nothing to make you want it.

Other pros:

bigger monitor! 16.4" vs 14.1.

hdmi output (other has none, not even s-video).

wi-fi

Cons:

The tad slower burn speed

and about a pound heavier.

no bluetooth

Another thing I would check on is if your allowed to put more money towards the $900 they will allow you to spend, so if you had a spare $300, you might be even to get something a bit nicer so then you will be getting pratically a upgrade for only a few hundred extra.

Id stick with the Viao's tho, they are a great computer, and seem to hold their value better then some other brands(hp, dell, gateway). And Ive never been a fan of hp or compaq (same company). Dells are alright, last I heard they bought out alienware and they are using the old alienware guts in the xps line of their computers now, but dont remember it all for sure..

I got a dell laptop, it's a madman. My last two computers were customized dells, and as long as noone touched them but me (such as the laptop I'm on now) they never had any problems whatsoever, and are very fast. My laptop now is the quickest compy I ever used, it has a battery life of 5+ hours watching movies, a good dvd and cd burner, bluray, great graphics and a little thing that is rare with laptops, while it makes virtually no noise from the fan at all, it remains cooler than any comp I've every used. Just a heads up.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Ive had 2 dell inspirons 1100, and a 1200. Not to menching a dell rackmount server. I didnt care for either of the labtops, traded 1 for a 1990 car that needed a motor the server is kinda cool, but lacking on hard drive space.

That dells video is weak compaired to both sonys!

And the video memory is only expandable to 358, where the sonys you can expand it to over 1000mb shared memory.

No video outputs.

Smaller screen.

But hey I guess it atleast has a bigger harddrive, not that 250 is not enough..

Ive had 2 dell inspirons 1100, and a 1200. Not to menching a dell rackmount server. I didnt care for either of the labtops, traded 1 for a 1990 car that needed a motor the server is kinda cool, but lacking on hard drive space.

That dells video is weak compaired to both sonys!

And the video memory is only expandable to 358, where the sonys you can expand it to over 1000mb shared memory.

No video outputs.

Smaller screen.

But hey I guess it atleast has a bigger harddrive, not that 250 is not enough..

Wrong about the output homie, has HDMI also! The Sony does have a little better video card and processor, but he wouldn't notice the difference in it especially with what he wants to do with it. Also the Dell has more RAM, and the built in camera is better. Overall, he would get a better deal with the Dell. My experiences with Sony has been bad, not saying that it would be the case here.

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps

if you can add a little bit more

this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1204332257046

has 8400m gs graphics card so you can play the latest games at least even at low settings.

because if you choose the onboard video you won't be able to play the latest games.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1213046783513

this one has a ati 3870 video card. imo this might be the best choice even though you have to add more.

as much as possible get the laptop that has a dedicated video card if you want to play games