Sundown Audio

How Much Power

littleitaly1990

does a SAZ3000D put out at .5 ohms, with good electrical?
Sean Belanger drove up from SC today with his O-Scope and a bunch of meters.

This setup was in my SPL truck with the engine OFF. At this time I have 2x Powermaster D3100s, 1x Kinetik 2400, and 1x DEKA Intimidator hooked up in the truck.

I had my trusty 50-amp pyramid supply hooked up to my batteries with 12 AWG wire just to keep them topped off, supply was set to charge at 12.8 volts and no higher.

Discovered the following from the testing:

1) Power output stays about the same as what I measured above even with a drop to around 11.8 volts.

2) Efficiency was high at 0.5 DCR with a rise to 1.32 ohms @ ~80% measured at 3030 watts of output.

3) At 0.5 DCR with a rise to 2.08 ohms we measured ~90% efficiency at 2572 watts of output.

4) When the amp was dropped down to 0.175 DCR with a rise to 0.82 ohms power only increased to 3450 watts. At this load we had to roll the volume to avoid protection so voltage was dropping to 11.2 volts by the time we got a reading. Efficiency dropped to around ~65 - 70% at this load.

5) We could have gotten more "output" from the amp but we stopped increase gain and volume when clipping made the wave-form ragged.

My conclusion for the SAZ-3000D is that, even for SPL competition, that dropping under 0.5 DCR won't gain very much. The power gain is small and results in a significant reduction in efficiency.

In a Street-A or similar one-battery limited vehicle the 3000D seems to work best for 0.5 DCR with a 2x - 4x impedance rise for maximum efficiency levels, especially if multiple amps were utilized and efficiency were key.

This is what I found on your question when I searched it.

Im the one you dont want your girl to meet! I got game like I read the directions and, im slicker than can of oil!

You will lose alot of money chasing women, but you wont lose any women chasing money!

SMDkutty.jpg

Sean Belanger drove up from SC today with his O-Scope and a bunch of meters.

This setup was in my SPL truck with the engine OFF. At this time I have 2x Powermaster D3100s, 1x Kinetik 2400, and 1x DEKA Intimidator hooked up in the truck.

I had my trusty 50-amp pyramid supply hooked up to my batteries with 12 AWG wire just to keep them topped off, supply was set to charge at 12.8 volts and no higher.

Discovered the following from the testing:

1) Power output stays about the same as what I measured above even with a drop to around 11.8 volts.

2) Efficiency was high at 0.5 DCR with a rise to 1.32 ohms @ ~80% measured at 3030 watts of output.

3) At 0.5 DCR with a rise to 2.08 ohms we measured ~90% efficiency at 2572 watts of output.

4) When the amp was dropped down to 0.175 DCR with a rise to 0.82 ohms power only increased to 3450 watts. At this load we had to roll the volume to avoid protection so voltage was dropping to 11.2 volts by the time we got a reading. Efficiency dropped to around ~65 - 70% at this load.

5) We could have gotten more "output" from the amp but we stopped increase gain and volume when clipping made the wave-form ragged.

My conclusion for the SAZ-3000D is that, even for SPL competition, that dropping under 0.5 DCR won't gain very much. The power gain is small and results in a significant reduction in efficiency.

In a Street-A or similar one-battery limited vehicle the 3000D seems to work best for 0.5 DCR with a 2x - 4x impedance rise for maximum efficiency levels, especially if multiple amps were utilized and efficiency were key.

do you have any info comparing the 1 ohm load to the half ohm load? I wonder what affect box rise has on the 1 ohm load....Thanks for the in depth answer too!

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

do you have any info comparing the 1 ohm load to the half ohm load? I wonder what affect box rise has on the 1 ohm load....Thanks for the in depth answer too!

Naw thats what he found when he searched your question check out some of derrick or bangin altimas topics for sundown test results

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived