Sundown Audio

What Power Kit Or Wire Would You Guys Recomend?..

DUBIE

i say just show him sum vids of sum people on this fourm and show him"look if you save up you can make many of :hairtrick: :hairtrick:"but if alll else fails jsut go with the 4 gauge just to be safe on.

thats true ahahahaha

does that amp kit have a REMOTE WIRE??...yea right?.im just making sure because i didnt see it..

which amp kit?and if not just go use wire from schucks like that 16 gauge wire thats in a roll.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

which amp kit?and if not just go use wire from schucks like that 16 gauge wire thats in a roll.

He could use the 16 gauge wire for power and ground too.. Lol..

But for real, why waste money on 4 gauge wire, when the amp is only drawing 25 amps (30 amps if lightning strikes the amp).

Even a 10 gauge power wire and ground is too much for that amp.. 12 gauge will be cutting it close, but most likely it will do fine.

Its hard not to LOL but for real. If this guy is so cheap why spend money on un-needed wiring. If I read it right your installing it for a buddy or customer or whatever, Id straight up tell him he is not going to be happy and you are praticly wiping your butt with the spent money and flushing it down the toilet.

Everyone needs to start somewhere, but this amp is not even Wal-Mart worthy. I mean the shipping to bring that amp to my door is $19.00. Thats over 1/4th the cost of the amp...

money-down-toilet.jpg

He could use the 16 gauge wire for power and ground too.. Lol..

But for real, why waste money on 4 gauge wire, when the amp is only drawing 25 amps (30 amps if lightning strikes the amp).

Even a 10 gauge power wire and ground is too much for that amp.. 12 gauge will be cutting it close, but most likely it will do fine.

Its hard not to LOL but for real. If this guy is so cheap why spend money on un-needed wiring. If I read it right your installing it for a buddy or customer or whatever, Id straight up tell him he is not going to be happy and you are praticly wiping your butt with the spent money and flushing it down the toilet.

Everyone needs to start somewhere, but this amp is not even Wal-Mart worthy. I mean the shipping to bring that amp to my door is $19.00. Thats over 1/4th the cost of the amp...

money-down-toilet.jpg

yea bro im installing it...but hey like i said i kant do nothing about it..its his money...so o well...so the 4 gauge wire is too much for that amp?..lol..haha..what would be the best?? 8 gauge?..

The amp is fused at 25 amps.

That means if that amp is running full tilt max volumes the most it will draw is about 25 amps, it may peak to a 30 amp draw, but being it is a boss audio amp that is completely over rated on its wattage output, you will be lucky to see a max draw of 25 amps with gains and bass boost all the way up clipping the amp...

The first post on the electrical wiring forum there is this post that is pinned.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1005

Look on the fuse rating versus wire size.

These are the max fuse ratings you should run on that wire.

Knowing that this amp is fused at 25 amps, we should be looking for a wire that is around that..

You could use 8 gauge, but even then your still wasting money on wire!!

A somewhat decent brand of 10 gauge wiring will be way more then sufficant for that amp.

Here it is quoted from that post.. You will see that a 4 gauge wire has a max fuse of 140 amps, If you wanted to you could run 6 of them little pos boss amps off 1 run of 4 gauge....

Keep in mind that length is a factor here as well. If you're doing a longer run then 20 feet, you should use one size larger. It doesn't hurt to use a wire size that's larger than necessary, but it will usually cost more and can be more difficult to install.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Power Wire:</span>

10 gauge: ~35 amperes

Class D (~70% efficiency) - <350 watts

Class A/B (~50% efficiency) - <250 watts

8 gauge: ~55 amperes

Class D (~70% efficiency) - <550 watts

Class A/B (~50% efficiency) - <400 watts

6 gauge: ~87 amperes

Class D (~70% efficiency) - <875 watts

Class A/B (~50% efficiency) - <625 watts

4 gauge: ~140 amperes

Class D (~70% efficiency) - <1400 watts

Class A/B (~50% efficiency) - <1000 watts

10 gauge wiring is your winner, and still a bit more then needed, maybe put the money saved on wire towards a better amp. A amp that doesnt cost more to ship then the price of the amp itself....

Most likely you wont even to tell you have subs in the car with that boss amp.. If your lucky you will get 150 watts rms out of the amp, and 200 watts peak. Which is far from the 600-1000 watt amp your buddy wants..

Honestly no...

That some no namebrand garbage wiring...

Spend the extra 5 bucks and get this 10 gauge wiring kit from Rockford fosgate. Then you can at least say he has decent quality audio gear in his car.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2111_R...te+CP10PI.html#

Or if you really wanted 8 gauge power wire spend another $10 more ($25 total) and go with this RF 8 gauge kit.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13588_...gate+CP8PI.html

All power wire is not created equal. Theres a lot of companies that claim 0 gauge wire and its super cheap, but when you compair it next to a quality wire (rf, stinger, kicker) you will see that this cheap 0 gauge wire has a thick rubber insulation around the actually wire, and when you compair the sizes, this cheap 0 gauge will be the size of the nicer brandname companies 4 gauge wires.

Im just using 0 gauge as an example, but even smaller sized wires made by cheap companies is the same way.. The price of the cheap wire is so cheap because there is pratically no wire, its all insulation to make it look bigger then what it is. More less a scam!

aight i should then order that...tanx for the help bro...oh yeah one more thing how do you wire the RCA'S to a STOCK headunit?..i was thinking on cutting the RCA's and wiring it to a speaker wire..thats i was told by some dude...but just to make sure how do i wire the RCA's???