New Memphis Mcd1000 Amp. Bass Cutting In And Out?

I have a jeep wrangler with a memphis m3 15 which i just put a memphis m-class 1100 watt amp onto. The sub is 4ohm so it was wired to 2 and the amp was set at 2 and it seemed to work fine for about a day(amp has been on the sub for about a week now). For the first 10 or 15 minutes it will hit real nice and then the base will drop down real low or almost stop completly like the amp is working to hard but it feels fine not hot at all maybe just warm. I am runnin 4 gauge wire to the amp and as a ground. it also cuts out or stops when it tries to hit real deep notes like the start of hoods run down by lil wyte. it will drop hard for the first note or 2 and then stop and will not pick up the other notes at all. does anyone know what my problem could be. I am still just running one batter and the stock alternator. thanks alot for reading my long paragraph hope it is enough information.

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

I have a jeep wrangler with a memphis m3 15 which i just put a memphis m-class 1100 watt amp onto. The sub is 4ohm so it was wired to 2 and the amp was set at 2 and it seemed to work fine for about a day(amp has been on the sub for about a week now). For the first 10 or 15 minutes it will hit real nice and then the base will drop down real low or almost stop completly like the amp is working to hard but it feels fine not hot at all maybe just warm. I am runnin 4 gauge wire to the amp and as a ground. it also cuts out or stops when it tries to hit real deep notes like the start of hoods run down by lil wyte. it will drop hard for the first note or 2 and then stop and will not pick up the other notes at all. does anyone know what my problem could be. I am still just running one batter and the stock alternator. thanks alot for reading my long paragraph hope it is enough information.

Posted in the wrong place but what do you mean by this bit...

"The sub is 4ohm so it was wired to 2 and the amp was set at 2"

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Posted in the wrong place but what do you mean by this bit...

"The sub is 4ohm so it was wired to 2 and the amp was set at 2"

x2.

wtf?

as for the bass cutting in and out, sounds like you're getting major voltage drop.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

x2.

wtf?

as for the bass cutting in and out, sounds like you're getting major voltage drop.

yea i dont know what the hell is goin on lol. when it comes to wiring and electronics i am lost. I am going to pull the sub out today and ill figure out how it was wired. what size battery should i run beside the amp. when i get it fixed lol im not really tryn to have this happen again from my voltage dropping.

98 Jeep Wrangler

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

yea i dont know what the hell is goin on lol. when it comes to wiring and electronics i am lost. I am going to pull the sub out today and ill figure out how it was wired. what size battery should i run beside the amp. when i get it fixed lol im not really tryn to have this happen again from my voltage dropping.

Run as much battery as you can afford/fit. You mention a stock alternator, but not enough vehicle info. Running 1100 watts is beyond most stock alternators - you need battery capacity to fill the gap.

Your 4 gauge wire is also a handicap. If you are making runs to the trunk with 4 gauge, you are losing power @ 1100 watts.

You should monitor the voltage at the amplifier terminals to determine how far your voltage is dropping, then take the same measurement at your battery terminals.

'Link

Edited by missinglink

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

the reason why you arent picking upn the low notes is your box.

thats why the bass in hoods run down seems to drop out after the first note or 2.

if you ever here that song on a box thats tuned real low. like 25 - 30 hz, then youll know whats up ..... :D

and yes, get more voltage. mean green makes a alt for your truck i believe. i think its 200 amps.

or mechman can probably help you ...

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

ok u will need 0guage for that amp first of all, and second get a secondary batter also to back it up, and i would look into a mla modual also it will help with voltage drops and, mechman is sellin alot of diff batts for a really good price in the forsale thread, and try that, and try upgradeing the ground wire from the battery to the frame, its the easyest of the big three to do but ied do the bigthree also that will help, and why i said 0guage is cause most amps of 1000wrms wont run sufficent on 4guage wires not enulf current flow for the lingth its goin, and dont get a cap, how much most caps cost now a days u can get a really good battery for less than that if u search around a lil, that should fix ur cuttin in n out cause of current draw, memphis amps are underrated amps like most others, they will do more than what there labled to do but its more of an efficent power than most also, ied put memphis in with mtx, rockford and sundown and what knot, most ppl dont think memphis is all that good but its the best ive had yet and still goin strong as the first day i got it, i would try that, hope this helps man

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

alright thanks alot yall i got alot of stuff cut out for me before i get another sub in there then. i was thinkin about the big 3 the only part i have done is running 4 gauge from my neg. terminal to the fire wall. there is a car audio place up the street from me that said they would put a battery and run all the wires(4 gauge for about $275 not sure on the battery they would use though. they sell kenetic and some other company stingray or somethin like that. does this sound decent?

98 Jeep Wrangler

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

alright thanks alot yall i got alot of stuff cut out for me before i get another sub in there then. i was thinkin about the big 3 the only part i have done is running 4 gauge from my neg. terminal to the fire wall. there is a car audio place up the street from me that said they would put a battery and run all the wires(4 gauge for about $275 not sure on the battery they would use though. they sell kenetic and some other company stingray or somethin like that. does this sound decent?

where the hell do you pick up 4 gauge for $275!?

where the hell do you pick up 4 gauge for $275!?

No that was for install+battery+4gauge wire

98 Jeep Wrangler

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9