Burban kicks - 1st fiberglass

Here's the 3 pics::

the 1st is the textured : $5.00 a can  - took 1/8 can

the 2nd is the chevy grey : $3.00 or so a can... Took less than 1/8

the 3rd really doesn't show it, but it's really freaky close to what I was going for.

post-15-1168766527.jpg

Hammared.JPG_thumb

post-15-1168766530.jpg

cheap_grey.JPG_thumb

post-15-1168766532.jpg

final.JPG_thumb

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Alright - well this is what I used to fill in the big holes an irregular stuff before I go with the bondo/resin mix for the hopefully last coat. It worked alright, really hard to get smooth, but it bonds really well. Bioooootch  :ranting2:  to sand though. I was going to go with some kitty hair and resin mix like all you pro fiberglasser guys use, but I really didn't want to have that stuff everywhere, and I probaly woulda glued my hand to my face, and got kitty hair all in my eye and my dog would've been stuck to the kick panel. It would've been ugly. Gonna keep going tonight....

another trick for this stuff,is to mix a little regular mudd with it...it will spread alot nicer...

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

Well, not so good news here - put the drivers side in good, then while putting the passenger side in, POW! Broke it right in half, so it'll be a couple weeks before I can get back on them - Got some company coming in. Good news was that they fit great - had .25 inch between the heater blower and the panel. Shitty, but it was fun - just have to re-make them stronger next time.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Oh yeah, learned a ton - When I fix these up, theyre going to be 10x better than they are right now. Probaly use some different materials. I might just scratch it, and build them up totally from scratch instead of incorporating the original panel into them. They gave me more problems than I thought they would. They looked great before it died -  :rip_1: kick panel.

Archived