While I wait to get the parts for my Blazer I am redoing the setup in the wife's car. In there now is a 400w Mobile Authority (early 90s MA audio) amp, and two Pioneer TS-W34C low end Pioneers in a sealed box. She doesn't want/need anything too loud but with the sealed box and the low wattage of the amp it seems to just run out of juice too early for my liking. The plan for now is to build a ported box (for more efficiency) that I have designed right around 3 cubes net, tuned to 33hz for daily listening. I want to see just how much I can pull out of this setup. Because of the low wattage and fairly low output I will just be using 1/2 inch MDF. I will include the design made with BassBoxPro 6, and Google Sketchup.

I would like to get started on this hopefully on Monday, and with my limited amount of tools I plan on having the local lumber yard do the cutting for me. It will be assembled with screws, wood glue, and I am planning on running along all the interior edges with silicon. All in all, a very simple build trying to extract the most from what is already there. Just for fun when my amp arrives for the Blazer build I might just have to hook it up and see what kind of punishment it can deal to these Pioneers in their new environment.

tsw34c%20box.JPG

Lunari :hairtrick:

Getting loud on a budget. Impossible? We shall see!

95 Chevy Blazer

Pioneer DEH-6700MP

RF T10001BD

AA Havoc 18"

??

Okay, I didn't get a chance to start on it today. I redesigned the box it sits around 3 cubes, tuned to 33 hz, with 13 sq in or port per cube. I also pulled the subs, amp, and cap out of the car and measured the space I have to work with. I would also like to redo some of the wiring before putting the new box back in. Hopefully I will get a chance to get started on it tomorrow.

Pioneer%20cab%20v2.JPG

Lunari

Edited by lunari

95 Chevy Blazer

Pioneer DEH-6700MP

RF T10001BD

AA Havoc 18"

??

Okay, I didn't get a chance to start on it today. I redesigned the box it sits around 3 cubes, tuned to 33 hz, with 13 sq in or port per cube. I also pulled the subs, amp, and cap out of the car and measured the space I have to work with. I would also like to redo some of the wiring before putting the new box back in. Hopefully I will get a chance to get started on it tomorrow.

Pioneer%20cab%20v2.JPG

Lunari

i have a box almost identical to this FYI!

and it does pretty decent

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

cant wait until i see the pics

X2

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Went to get started on it, and lucky me. No one has any MDF in this town, called one lumber yard and they said there isn't a big enough demand to have it. Called the other place, they don't have what I need either. Looks like I might have to special order it, or go out of town to get it.

Yay..

Lunari

95 Chevy Blazer

Pioneer DEH-6700MP

RF T10001BD

AA Havoc 18"

??