03 Silverado Horn Wiring

Ok guys I'm stuck on this one at the moment, I'm going to be adding an air horn into my truck but I'll have it wired to where there's a switch next to the horn that if I flip one way my factory horn is live, flip it the other way then the air horn is live. It's all mainly wired up at the moment except to the spot where I splice into the factory horn leads. I know it's supposed to be a black wire in the steering column, however I was hoping to find it between it's fuse and the horns underneath the hood.

I took a look at it earlier after mounting the horns and pulled open the entire fuse box and looked at the leads going to the fuses from the bottom however from underneath it's not relevant to the corresponding fuses above. (kinda hard to explain).

But mainly I was wondering if anyone knew the wire location and color, or knew of a site with that diagram.

Here's a few shots of what I've got going so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'd be out there right now working on it but I happened to knock the shit out of myself in the nose with a pair of channelocks while trying to tighten a ziptie. Got a headache from hell and don't want to take any chances clipping the wrong wire.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Not tying to be mean or anything. But those are going to sound whimpy on your truck haha. Ive heard them before, they kinda just make you smile when you hear them :lol: But they are still fun...

Sorry I cant help you with the wiring.

Not tying to be mean or anything. But those are going to sound whimpy on your truck haha. Ive heard them before, they kinda just make you smile when you hear them :lol: But they are still fun...

Sorry I cant help you with the wiring.

Yeah, I did a quick test of them before making the mounting bracket, and I'm happy with 'em as of now. Sounds alot like my refillable air horn I got from when I worked at gander mountain.

For $10 bucks you cant complain. :)

Just wish I could find the wire between the horn fuse and the factory horns.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I added a train horn the other week. lol I don't know about you're trucks wiring, or how many stock horns you have on it. but my Accord had two wires for both normal horns. What I did was I split one of those wires to run to a toggle switch so when the switch is up both the regular horn and the train horns went, when I press the horn; and when the switch is off just the normal horns went. Then if you wanted you could add another toggle switch to turn off the stock horns all together, so as to hear just the aftermarket horn. I dont know if that is the easiest way to do it, but thats the way I did it. hopefully thats understandable. what kind of horn is that anyway?

But I rather be a pro at being myself

Than be an idiot trying to be somebody else

Archived