Vinyl Problem

So Im almost done with this box Ive been building, but I have a little problem.....I wanted to wrap it in vinyl, but I have no freakin idea where I would even begin. A seat I can definitely grasp where to start and how to sew it etc. but this has a giant gap in the middle so its impossible to cover in one piece. not only that, but even if I sew pieces together like you would a seat, theres no way to slip it on. Anyone have any idea on where to begin? I really dont want to paint this cuz I think it would be boring....

just a quick reminder....

Picture131.jpg

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

in my mind I would try to use a top stitch (or base ball stitching) that way you can hide a light weight zipper (one that is used for like women's dresses) in the middle of the stitch. thats how I would start and using clear plastic for a template so I didnt waste an good material. hope this helps but it looks very difficult task you got there...

030407016-1.jpgduck.jpg

banner2.jpg

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent..

ive never done interior work, but just my 2 cents, what if you did it kind of like an inner tube? like basically made two rings with the vinyl on the inside and wide enough to cover basically half of it (assuming that the subs are in line and the top/front, so from the center of the top to the center of the bottom), sewed two of those together, fed it through the center hole, stretched it up and over, and then sitiched it down the center, so theres a front to back seam along the center, one along the center around the cutout, and then wherever the rings are joined at the ends.

or you can find a way to do spray on vinyl texture....

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

looking at it again, plan b....

wrap it from the top to the back/bottom, and then run a ring around the center and stitch it in, so theres a seam along each side of the hole and everything else is one large stretched piece.

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

its pretty freakin long at 55 inches....haha I didnt even realize it was that big...but thanks for the suggestions...but I may just go with rays suggestion on vinyl texture...I remember a method a little while back on how to do it....something involving crinkled up pieces of newspaper and pressing them into wet paint so the creases from the paper transfer in. Ill have to do alot of testing....

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I would try and go with the texture matching with the paint if you could, it would be easier and would look better as a whole piece rather than having your vinyl seamed.

The newspaper wrinkles sounds like an excellent idea! Use a thick filler primer and try that, then come in with your color on top.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

yeah man .....Im gonna order some of the SEM texture coating to see how that works and in the meantime test out the newspaper idea....

my mom actually showed me how to do the vinyl thing one day, she laid down a base coat, sprayed on a thick second coat once it dried and dabbed it with a newspaper to make creases and stuff, came out pretty nice

Team DC