Subs In My 07 Suburban (update.. 3rd Video Added)

Nope I have a Pioneer HU and no need to turn the sublevel up on it. It's pretty fucking loud where it's at right now. I'm trying to save up to get a sound process such as an Audio Control or a 3Sixty, something that will give me more voltage on the pre-outs. My current unit only gives 2 volts out. I only use the boost to show off. I can't take that much bass all the time, I still vaule my ears and my hearing. So with normal listening the boost is at 0.

Good. im glad its not another alpine not putting out full preamp voltage... a 360.2 is the shiznit!

I do have a digital multimeter, how can I use that to set my gains correctly? I've seen that an Olioscope was the best way to truly set your gains but I don't have money or a place to store something like that.

I see u turn ur headunit up to 22.... find a 50hz test tone @ 0db for at least 15 seconds off Realmofexcursion or however else u can find one.... Disconnect speaker leads going to subs... replace with DMM probes.... then turn the gain up until u've reached the desired AC Voltage with no bass boost and everything on headunit turn off(eq loudness bbe hpf lpf) same with amp... turn lpf up to 250 or however high it goes and 0 bass boost on amp...

thanks to this chart http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...rms+chart\ u can see u need to turn ur gain up until the dmm reads 63.25 Ac volts

So when u go to use ur bass boost next time ur a much less likely to turn it up as much because u will be getting near full power at volume 22 with no bass boost.... if you want to still use the bassboost knob.... set it as high as u will ever turn it and then set Ac voltage on gain to 63.25.. this way u wont go past that voltage

hope that helps... an oscope is the best cause u can see when the signal becomes clipped/distorted

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Your digital cam makes it sound really good for a video. What kind is it, make and model (camera)?

It's a Cannon PowerShot G6. The camera is about 3yrs old though.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

dam bro im loving the suburban!!!!

im building mine as well... looking vry clean ill be looking into some dc's or FI's vry soon i think

looks sick bro

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

dam bro im loving the suburban!!!!

im building mine as well... looking vry clean ill be looking into some dc's or FI's vry soon i think

looks sick bro

Thanks for the comp!

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....