Need Help Getting My Truck Running

Long story short, I have a project truck, 1989 C/K Pickup with a 5.7 350 and it ran good as new....3 years ago. It was supposed to be my first truck but 12 MPG wasn't cutting it. My dad came to me today and told me if I didn't have it running in two weeks he was selling it. So right now I just want to get this thing running the slightest bit because I don't wanna see it go. I'll work on getting it running smooth and beefing it up as I get the money. Today I bought a new battery, drained the old gas and oil and replaced it. All electronics come on but it just clicks when I turn the key. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a starter. Maybe some plugs and see if I can get it to run. If not what are some other things I should check? Oh and I only have about $600 to dish into this truck right now. Do you think this will be enough to get it running? Or should I not waste my money?

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

Long story short, I have a project truck, 1989 C/K Pickup with a 5.7 350 and it ran good as new....3 years ago. It was supposed to be my first truck but 12 MPG wasn't cutting it. My dad came to me today and told me if I didn't have it running in two weeks he was selling it. So right now I just want to get this thing running the slightest bit because I don't wanna see it go. I'll work on getting it running smooth and beefing it up as I get the money. Today I bought a new battery, drained the old gas and oil and replaced it. All electronics come on but it just clicks when I turn the key. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a starter. Maybe some plugs and see if I can get it to run. If not what are some other things I should check? Oh and I only have about $600 to dish into this truck right now. Do you think this will be enough to get it running? Or should I not waste my money?

hey dont buy a new starter yet put a new battery in there and see what it does. you could be just low low on voltage. no shit sorry didnt see you got a new batt is the battery charged all the way? check your starter solenoid if not then get a starter.

mike

Edited by mxmike800

check for fuel pressure.

fuel pressure would have nothing to do with a clicking. the clicking is in the starter system either a drained battery bad solenoid or bad starter or even a loose connection

fuel pressure would have nothing to do with a clicking. the clicking is in the starter system either a drained battery bad solenoid or bad starter or even a loose connection

right, i did not read all of it.

but basically what everyone else said. battery, power/ground cables starter or selonid. I think autozone can test the starter. they told me my selonid was bad but i just replaced the whole thing. they are very easy to do on those trucks :D

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

and all of you are right im an idiot. I just rebuilt most of my motor knowing nothing about them :rolleyes:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

hey dont buy a new starter yet put a new battery in there and see what it does. you could be just low low on voltage. no shit sorry didnt see you got a new batt is the battery charged all the way? check your starter solenoid if not then get a starter.

mike

The battery was reading 13.8 on charge when I tried cranking it, and a new starter for this truck is only $45.00 so I figured I'd go ahead and replace it.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz