Second Skin Audio

NEW BOX DESIGN FOR THE GEO COMING SOON

its not 4:30 my time yet... but who cares I'll give them to you early..... orignal design ended up  being toio large to fit in teh trunk by alot, i had teh front top and bottom built and tested it went about 1/2 in and got stuck. so I had to start over from nothing basiclly.. my tiem ran short because I had to be at work at 1.. but i would of finished if i would of fully cheked teh measurment first(trunk cars are hard.. suvs easy ;D)  design ended up being a regular box with kinda of an adaptor plate fixed to it so the box will be sealled off... teh front plate took a good 1hour to figure up and cut out...I am sure its not the best but it will do. box is not out together.. that will happen over teh coarse of a few days now.. but everything is cut out. 11 photos  of teh buld and teh place I go to build them so here it goes.......

here what the trunk look like empty 1/0 rac and remote reran

DSC00001-9.jpg

The shop

DSC00002-9.jpg

BIG @$$ battery for tractors(size 14 boot0

DSC00003-7.jpg

The lay of teh land.. good old Alabama

DSC00004-6.jpg

test fit 1

DSC00005-6.jpg

DSC00006-8.jpg

test fit 4 no pic of the other was frustrated at making it fit, and laying everything out ....

DSC00007-6.jpg

CUT OUT!!!

front

DSC00008-5.jpg

back

DSC00011.jpg

Front board and the front of the box, what a lovely couple

DSC00009-1.jpg

Everything packed up and ready to go....

DSC00010-1.jpg

pics of bringging together will be taken also when that time comes, the front board is tight fitting...  so make just soem foam will do.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

this build looks like its coming right along. Looks great man thats one of the biggest 12's ive seen lol. Keep us posted.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

it is, because the rounter the guy has is a table router..... the front board( I have noclue what else to call it) was all done by hand because of the complex shape  the other boards either table saw or circular saw.

going to pick up the resin and some tiebond today.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

Materals

DSC00001-10.jpg

DSC00002-10.jpg

Done except for a test fit and baffle board

DSC00003-8.jpg

DSC00006-9.jpg

Me and My DOG

DSC00005-7.jpg

test fit in car

DSC00008-6.jpg

(ummm i think i am going to have to turn teh colossus on and angel custon amp rack)

DSC00009-2.jpg

DSC00010-2.jpg

inside the car getting the picture of how its comeing together ;D

Last few shots

DSC00011-1.jpg

DONE except for alot of sanding by hand

DSC00013.jpg

Time to let it dry over night then resin through out the next week.

looks cool, only thing i would have suggested is mounting the ports and stuff on your front baffle so it would look cleaner rather then having that square look around the sub.  looks like a cool lil box though

looks cool, only thing i would have suggested is mounting the ports and stuff on your front baffle so it would look cleaner rather then having that square look around the sub.  looks like a cool lil box though

Good to have your approvel... thanks ;D.... true but everything isn't fully done yet now is it?????????????