Lucas702 Posted October 8, 2008 Report Posted October 8, 2008 I bridged my amp the other day so I could run 150 watts rms to my diamond audio components instead of 75 to those and 50 to my crummy rears, and hooked the rears back to the deck. So yadda yadda yadda today I notice the right side door speaker jsut doesnt work. So I thought it was the RCAs at the back of the deck (both comming from the front-out with a Y-adapter) but they are all snug. So I go into the trunk pull out my subs and check the RCAs at the amp, still nothing all secure. I would say if they tweeter still worked (hasnt since I got the set) and the woofer didnt it would be the wire from the crossover to the woofer. Any ideas of what it could be? I did switch the RCAs around at the amp to make it so the right side played the right tones, but could that be a problem? Maybe a pinched speaker wire somewhere? Thanks for any and all help guys, I decided to come here before I tore my car apart again
Loudcav Posted October 8, 2008 Report Posted October 8, 2008 try pop in the speaker with a 9 volt Ive done it before to figure out where the chain stopped started on the speaker wire at the amp and went to the speaker its self
Lucas702 Posted October 8, 2008 Author Report Posted October 8, 2008 would that damage the speaker at all?
Lucas702 Posted October 12, 2008 Author Report Posted October 12, 2008 So I decided to pull the speaker since putting a 9v to the line didn't do anthing to the right speaker, but worked with the left. I used a fresh piece of about a foot of wire to test it and nothing, no hum no buzz no pop absolutely nothing. So the speaker is damaged, and the left side is fucking up so maybe its just cause they are a couple years old and this is the first time they have gone over more that 100 watts rms... What could be wrong with the speaker itself to make it just stop working? Thanks
EricM9104 Posted October 12, 2008 Report Posted October 12, 2008 you overpowering it and possibly clipping/distorting it.... 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
Lucas702 Posted October 12, 2008 Author Report Posted October 12, 2008 I probably clipped it then, now I gotta get some new speakers and try to play it safe thanks guys for your help
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.