Right Side Door Speaker Just Cut Out

Lucas702

I bridged my amp the other day so I could run 150 watts rms to my diamond audio components instead of 75 to those and 50 to my crummy rears, and hooked the rears back to the deck. So yadda yadda yadda today I notice the right side door speaker jsut doesnt work. So I thought it was the RCAs at the back of the deck (both comming from the front-out with a Y-adapter) but they are all snug. So I go into the trunk pull out my subs and check the RCAs at the amp, still nothing all secure. I would say if they tweeter still worked (hasnt since I got the set) and the woofer didnt it would be the wire from the crossover to the woofer. Any ideas of what it could be? I did switch the RCAs around at the amp to make it so the right side played the right tones, but could that be a problem? Maybe a pinched speaker wire somewhere? Thanks for any and all help guys, I decided to come here before I tore my car apart again :friends:

So I decided to pull the speaker since putting a 9v to the line didn't do anthing to the right speaker, but worked with the left. I used a fresh piece of about a foot of wire to test it and nothing, no hum no buzz no pop absolutely nothing. So the speaker is damaged, and the left side is fucking up so maybe its just cause they are a couple years old and this is the first time they have gone over more that 100 watts rms... What could be wrong with the speaker itself to make it just stop working? Thanks

you overpowering it and possibly clipping/distorting it....

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Archived