Sonic Electronix

I got 3 type r 12 dvc 4 ohms hooked up to my jbl 1201.1 gto amp. i have them wired to the amp at 2.6 ohms. at 2 ohms my amp pushes 1339 watts. rms on my type r are 500 ea and 1500 max. why am i smelling this burning smell and my dust caps heat up a tad bit there not on fire but you can tell there warm. any suggestions?

thanks mike

You must be clipping them.... even tho they are under powered u can still blow then with clipped signal

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

clipping, what would i go about to stop clipping? i havent really set my gains, havent really looked into learning how to set them i should probably do this though. im playing it at a decent volume not at full tilt though. my headunit bass is on 0 my bass on amp is at like 3/4 and my input is at like 3/4.

clipping, what would i go about to stop clipping? i havent really set my gains, havent really looked into learning how to set them i should probably do this though. im playing it at a decent volume not at full tilt though. my headunit bass is on 0 my bass on amp is at like 3/4 and my input is at like 3/4.

So your gain is at 3/4? I would turn it down then.... try that and see if they still warm up

So your gain is at 3/4? I would turn it down then.... try that and see if they still warm up

i still dont understand the ohm loads though. i have dvc 4 ohm subwoofers. is it possible to wire them to 2 ohms? cause jbl says my amp is not 1 ohm stable. i will read up on how to set my gains tonight and do that tomorow.

Archived