Electrical Problem with my Laredo

I just got stopped by the cops headed out to HD to get 4sheets of MDF. the reason they stopped me was because i have no brake lights (thrid light or other brake lights). I went on and got the MDF and headed home when i got home went out to check the lights the tail lights come on the head lights come on the turn signals all work (except the park lights) so i have no brakes or park lights  I have checked all fuses they are all good. checked the relays behind the glove compartment they are good. replaced the LOM on the back still mothing has changed. changed the light switch still the same thing. I am beat to hell with this one. This is the Jeep I am building my new system in and i will be needing these lights for sure. any help will be great I have the wiring diagram and I'm trying ot follow it the best I can

Id replace the bulbs anyways. Clean the contacts. For the break lights, check the break light switch behind the breal pedal. Your parking lights? Not sure, but Id check or replace the fuse.

this would be excellent

Windows Xp1 40 & 120gigHDDMSI BoardUNDERCONSTRUCTION Dr. Doom aka StarScream3kDestruction at ur service

ok this is what i have after going over the wiring diagram the park lights and brake lights all have the same ground they go through the LOM which is in the back on the driverside (replaced) the light switch on the dash (repalced)

replaced the fuses for them and the relays I have taken the lights from my durango and put them into the Jeep nothing the lights from the jeep into the durango they work I'm going ot by pass the groung wires and add my own in to the system and see what happens from there. 

after spending $70 :ranting2: on parts I finally figured out what the heck it was. The Damn :ranting2: brake light switch was sticking. Yea, I took the thing out and the lights work played with the switch and plug it back in a the park and brake lights work for a second and go out. Replaced the damn thing and everything is normal. That really sux $70 just to fix a $21 problem. :^ :angry03:

THE GOOD part is i can began my long and stressful install and hopes of completing it by the middle of March.

Thanks for all the input guys. really needed the support.

Archived