Ok I recently purchased a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT 4x4 today was a very scary day for me as an old lady slammed on her brakes doing 55 mph she was going to turn into a flower store she didnt have her turn signal on either. She actually skidded to stop so she could make her turn I was about 60 ft behind her I had to slam on my brakes to stop well after slamming on my brakes and coming about 2 inches from her car she was very lucky she turned when she did or her car would be totaled well after that my brakes are shot I mean the petal goes all the way to the floor its leaking fluid everywhere. What do you guys think is the cause? Thanks Aaron

id guess the fronts went out cause all the weight transfers to the front the most,those lines busted probley near the connection points,replace them and fill/bleed the system and you should be fine .advanced mite have the lines but id go to chevy and get them.

American Bass*DC Power

fill er back up with fluid and check around the truck to find the leak

I did that but the fluid is leaking from a places where the line cant really be seen thats why im thinking it might be more than one line. Do you think slamming on my brakes actually caused this

most def did,lines run under the truck which are the metal lines,then the connection points change to rubber hose.i dont think the hard lines busted,keep looking you should be able to see something

Im going to go out to the shop and look at it now how hard are they to fix could I do it my self or should I just take it up to my mechanic and have him do it

I did that but the fluid is leaking from a places where the line cant really be seen thats why im thinking it might be more than one line. Do you think slamming on my brakes actually caused this

yes sir sudden pressure like that tend to find weak spots in a line and cause it to rupture the fix shouldnt an expensive 1 if u do it yourself

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.