Looking For Some Advice And Opinions

I think my Pioneer AVH unit is about to take a crap on me. It's starting to make loud whinning noises when the screen is open and in the up position. I guess I never noticed it since I always had my radio turned up. The unit is about three years old so I think it's time may have come and gone. Other than the whinning there is nothing else wrong with the unit. So now that it looks like I'm in the market for another HU I figured I'd ask around and see what some of you guys are doing as far as a HU source for your stereo system.

Now I've ran nothing but Pioneer HU in all the vehicles I've owned over the years . I can't seem to break from them. I was wanting to go with another Pioneer unit, but I've been thinking about doing a carpc system as well. The problem is that there is no Pioneer unit that I can use that will allow for a pc touchscreen function through the HU. I also want to go away from the flipout screen to a full screen HU.

So my question is what is the advantage/disadvantage of going with a full custom built carpc vs just sticking with an aftermarket HU? The pioneer HU that I'm looking at right now is the something like this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...=5684&avf=N

h130AViCF90-o_mt2.jpeg

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

I personally like the Alpine IVA-W505, i think its a great unit and i love the fact that it can be imprinted, so your has the chance to sound amazing. If you want an in car pc , I really like the Azentek Atlas CPC-1000 , you can have a great carpc without losing alot of sq capability and it has a ton of cool features. (you can check out videos of it in on youtube)

Too Much Stuff to list .

Thanks Neel for your input. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Archived