Ever Have That One Car That Slipped Out Of Your Hands?

My first car, was my dream car. - 1993

Hard to find, classic, beauty, and bad ass

a 1967 Skylark, hardtop 340ci 2spd.

Factory Teal, with black, chrome, and teal interior, I eventually used it as my primer/body work tester, which came out good. ended up primer gray, with my first ghetto fabulous system- 4 home audio 12s, and a Jensen 300w amp- you know, the blue ones- (circa 93')

So, the engine finally blew about 6 months after getting it, and my buddy had a shop in East Palo Alto(SF Bay Area), so I had stored it there. My dad was pissed at me, so he had me sign it over to my buddy until I could afford to fix it myself.

A few months went bye, we had been working on it piece by piece, finally had faith the engine was about to rumble back to life eventually. - My buddys rented shop happen to be a shop behind a junk yard. The junkyard is where we would go at night to steal parts from- it was awesome back then.

East Palo Alto isn't a city you would ever want to get caught stealing in, or trespassing tho, I mean hell it was murder capital of the US around that time frame.

Only 20,000 people lived there, and 2sq miles I believe it was, yet 50 people killed there a year.

So anyways, we had been leaving it out of the shop, since his 76 Camro he was swapping engines on was stored in there, and we had met up at the shop one weekend, and to our shock, the Lark had been stripped bone dry!!!

Not a piece of chrome, seats, dash, interior, and engine parts all stollen, car on bricks, even the damn glass had been stollen!

Man, I cried, I did a damn good job holding it in, but after just starng at it for like 5 mins, I actually took a swing at the car with one of them big rail road hammers, you know them 20lb 4ft long hammers?

I started swinging, and swinging, until there was nothing left to swing at, the car was a pile a scrap metal- My friend had joined me. This went on for atleast a good 30-45 min's

There was nothing to restore, not that me or my friend knew about (Now I would have took my loss, and went for round 2 restoring it) I didnt know any better

15 years later, and I'am still regretting not taking a more adult approach to the whole situation, but not much a broke ass 17yr old could do

I even look for them online for sale, or even pictures, and they are hard to find

b1967BuickSkylark1.jpg

b1967BuickSkylark2.jpg

b1967BuickSkylark8.jpg

Thats what mine looked like before priming it, and lowering it

I swear when I finish paying off my truck, I'am selling the truck, and buying one of these, and restoring it

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

a fully restored 1984 mazda rx-7.

1.1liter 2 rotor.

i loved this car to death. there was nothing out of place. i bought it for $1500 and went to a show for rotory owners the day after i bought it. a guy offered me $10,000. i just laughed. i guess they are extremely rare, and even rarer in perfect, unmolested condition. after about 2 weeks of this guy stalking me at local shows, we sat down and talked he checked the car over. i said fuck it. it was my first car but, i used to money to buy my next car. my dads 69 comaro. after i did alot of work and spent a ton of moeny of the maro i wrapped it around a tree. i should have kept the rx-7. i almost cry when i see one on the road.

----reference's----

meade916

I never would have thought, $10k for one of them?

Anyone else have stories like that?

Had a classic, or a car that you didn't realize the value till it was gone, or a car that you love that was jacked? or totaled?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Dad bought a 72 skylark a few years back for $300 right after the motor was rebuilt damn did those things have balls got another 300,000 miles out of the rebuilt engine one good car

when they were made right and not to have you trading it in on something more expensive 4 years later ;)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I had a 1969 Mustang Fastback, one owner, everything in perfect condition, original 26,000 miles. The ex-wife totaled it during this deployment. Pissed isn't the right word to describe my feelings at that time.

'03 Ford Explorer XLT

24s

Dem 24s? Nah nigga dem 10s - Earthman