well i have the remote starter most of the way installed. just have to put the wires going to the doors for keyless entry and find a tach wire. well heres my problem. i found the vehicles ECM. i cant find the tach wire....i cant remember what i set my dmm to to find it. i believe it has to be on AC voltage ...but im not sure. and when i find it i should see the voltage rise and fall with my rpms right?

Set the dmm to ac voltage... put one probe to ground and the other to the wire and the voltage will go up with rpms... or you could just set it to voltage sensing... and why are you going in the door for the wires?

Well I guess it would help if you posted what kind of car and the unit you're putting in. Also, there is a section on this forum dedicated to this kind of stuff...

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

i have to get my wires for door locks for keyless entry. that explains the door. the car is a 2005 toyota camry and the tach wire is starting to piss me off cuz i cant find it...i have a diagram to find it...but it just directs u to the ECM then ur pretty much on ur own to find the wire thats the right color. its a code alarm remote starter. i am MECP certified so i know what im doing im just making sure cuz i dont wanna fry the computer.

Tachometer BLACK/ORANGE (AC) AT ECM MODULE BEHIND GLOVEBOX

Power Unlock BLUE (-) IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL

PowerLock BLUE/YELLOW (-) IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

i am MECP certified

I'm not trying to diss you or anything, but truthfully anymore I don't think basic MECP certification means shit. Did your job make you get certified? I had a hell of a time convincing my boss that I wasn't going to re-certify when mine ran up.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

www.mobiledynamics.com

hehe our company as a whole went thru 8 of you guys in a year.. lol, you guys get the basics but you definitely need alot more training on job when you get out of there.

Edited by Shyne151

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

i got right out and now working making 15 an hour starting i didnt need anymore training really just sometimes maybe a little refresher corse. learning all that in 8 weeks....ur not gonna remember everything lol. u can say what u want about the place i went to school but i got a really good education from it and i didnt need nuttin. i think i have found the tach wire. i just want someone to verify so i dont blow the cpu lol. its black and orange and at idle it does 4.8volts then goes up as i accel. this would be what im looking for correct?