Sonic Electronix

heyy guys i havent been on in quite a while. any ways quick question, yesterday i bought a set of hertz component speakers for the front and some coaxials for the rear, right now i dont have the cash moneys to buy an amp for them but i should within the next month or two, what i wanna know is if i hook them up will it do any harm to the deck and or speakers in that short of time?

as long as its a 4ohm load you should be fine

those speakers prob wont be driven anywhere near their capabilities, and youre going to have to do all the work again to wire ti to an amp, but you should be fine

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

wtf did u have goin to it lol, that would be 3 speakers per channel?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i've run h/u's at 2ohm before, and im guessing after rise yours was over 2ohm as well. the radio def ran way hotter than usual though. not sure if all h/us's will take it, which is why i said 4ohm

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

yup i had a RF 3.5" and 2 tweets per front channel and a pioneer 6x9 and 2 tweets per rear channel.

Tweets are usually way higher than 4 ohms in terms of a reactive load.

A true 1.33 ohm load would burn the crap out of your headunit pretty quickly.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

yeah, no worries but the only thing i would recommend is that you keep them crossed over at a decent frequency like 80hz-100hz-125hz so you keep them from clipping then eventually blowing.. im sure the supplied passive crossover should be sufficient but if your headunit has the option to control that then take advantage of it! Active crossover > passive crossover ( well in certain ways if you just ignore the roll off deal with passive crossovers ) a passive crossover has components in it that are affected by heat, so when they heat up their cut off frequencies and slope will all change, where active will always stay steady.

Too Much Stuff to list .