Table Saw Users Enter*important*

I went to a place that sells wood working tools and me and 1 of the workers disagreed. I thought using a table saw haurd increases the risk of injury. I think the only risk it prevents is from chopping your fingers off because it hides the blade when cutting so nothing can enter besides the piece of wood. BUT, it also increases kick backs. The splitter behind the gaurd I believe increases kick backs. When I had my table saw gaurd on sometime ago the wood always got stick when it goes through the splitter. I believe take your gaurd off and your anti-kick back off and just your table top and blade and be careful not to get your finger to close use push sticks and dont lean over by your blade its more safe than all those gadgets. Whats your take?

Edited by ~digital~bass~

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

there are pros and cons

Some set up designs are better. Like the safety speed cut saw, and a few other high end models use a really nice guard that slits the wood apart with less kick back, and of course those little teeth on the guard PREVENT the wood from kicking back at you

its there for a reason

Its definitely EASIER to use a table saw with no guard, but when that wood kicks back at you, because the blade is over heating, or dull, or your going to slow, it hurts when it flings back and hits you in the gut, or even worse

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I have a delta and the splitter had no grooves like the 1 your refering to. Although I do know what you are talking about most gaurds dont have grooves in the splitter unless your high VERY high end table saws or your buying the splitter with teeth seperatly from somewere.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

nooo, there are teeth that prevent the board from going towards you, but allows the wood to freely be pushed

I have a $100 table saw that has that, and a $700 radial arm saw that have the same thing

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

My cheapass Craftsman table saw came with a guard and a splitter with "teeth" to prevent kickback. I didn't like the guard/splitter setup, so I took it off, but it sucks when your standing in the middle of the table ripping a big piece of wood getting blasted in the fface by mdf dust/chips. I guess it's a trade off... LOL!

ALOHAZ,

SKY

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

something is wrong if you get a kick back... i have a cheap ass 10" ryobi table saw and i do not use the guard and have never had a kick back in the 3 years i have had it... and i put that thing through hell.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

I don't think it really matters what safety features a table saw has... it's all about if you know how to use it or not. I rip full sheets of mdf on ours at work... it's just a plain jane craftsman with no guard on it.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000