Need Lots Of Guidance And Opinions

ive been looking for a 4000 watt amp and i had narrowed it down to two choices... the rockford t4k or the mtx te4001bd. now if i had the money i would just go ahead and get the rock ford but the mtx is cheaper so im settling for that right now... i have a HO alt from iraggi (150idle/250max) and a yellow top for the setup that i have now and it does just fine. my voltage doesnt go below 13.5. HOWEVER.....

i would like to go bigger. my next setup is gonna consist of two 15 inch sundown nightshades and the mtx 4001.

now for the question.... i know i will need more batteries in order to be able to :hairtrick: . but i have no idea what i need to look for... i couldnt even find the fuse rating for the amp... but ive been seeing that brands like kinetic, power master etc are the brands of choice... i went to kinetics website and used there calculator and it said that i should us two of there 2400 cells. is this right and are there any alternatives... also another question is how long are these batts supposed to last before i have to let them charge? would i only have time for one song or would i be ok with a 30 minute ride at full tilt... like i said LOTS OF GUIDANCE AND HELP IS NEEDED

FOR SHIZZLE :aggressive:

2 Powermaster D3100's would work very well with one of those amps. If you find a battery with high amp hour ratings and a high discharge capacity that's more than likely a good battery. Some compainies will over rate their batteries and then you may not get what you're looking for. That's why you should stick to one's that have already been proven like the Powermasters. Mechman.com is a good place to pick them up at a good price.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

They'll be okay by charging off the alt, but you should try and maintaince charge them once every two weeks or so to keep them healthy. I have yet to put mine on a charger and it still is holding a charge beautifully. It doesn't get much better than Powermaster.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

just looked on mechmans site and found this...

D3100

[D3100] $349.00

Click to enlarge

Features »

The preferred battery of champions!

Capable of delivering an astounding 3,200 amps of current

Provides major output for starting power, audio, multimedia systems, and more

Fits BCI group 31 applications utilized in many large trucks, busses and motor coaches

Can easily power systems up to 4000 watts when used as the main battery

Great supplemental battery for 5000+ watt systems

3 Year Warranty

Specifications »

Weight 77.16 pounds (35.00 kilograms)

Length 13.03 inches

Width 6.89 inches

Height 8.43 inches

Maximum Amps 3200

Ah 117

if thats true... could i just buy one and add it on to my yellow top and still be ok... or would two of those in addition to my yellow top be better...

with that said, with 4000 watts, you shouldnt be parking lot bumping

keep the car running and watch your voltage, 4000 watts is an assload of current draw

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

with that said, with 4000 watts, you shouldnt be parking lot bumping

keep the car running and watch your voltage, 4000 watts is an assload of current draw

this wont be for sitting still... i only bump on the freeway... on side streets i always turn the subs off and bump responsibly... never ever will i bump while sitting still unless its a maitenance issue

this wont be for sitting still... i only bump on the freeway... on side streets i always turn the subs off and bump responsibly... never ever will i bump while sitting still unless its a maitenance issue

still wouldn't hurt to put in two good batteries though.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Whats your front battery? If its crap.. Your only strong as your weakess link... If crap bat up front.. I'd say yellowtop up front and D3100 in the back.. All 1/0 of course and Big 3... You can always get another D3100 if you need it later...

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

still wouldn't hurt to put in two good batteries though.

it would hurt my wallet... j/k :friends: but i understand the logic

Whats your front battery? If its crap.. Your only strong as your weakess link... If crap bat up front.. I'd say yellowtop up front and D3100 in the back.. All 1/0 of course and Big 3... You can always get another D3100 if you need it later...

yea i got a yellow top under the hood now(34/78) and the big three in 0 guage