4 Atomic Apxx 15" 4rth Order Bandpass Wall Build

damn dude, lookin good

4th order FTW

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Lovin the battery Distro up front!

batt rack goin 24v?

no those are 8 volt batteries wired up to 16/18 volts

THAT IS FUCKIN BADASS BRO!! i have never seen a distro that big usually with that many runs youll see a buss bar but that is crazy

:D

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

looking sweet man...im hoping that you reach your goal man...

thanks man me to but i know i wont, my goals 155db at 30 hz

but im building this for bassrace 149.9-159.9 peaking around 40hz or so so i wont get what i want but i'll still be happy with what i have :D

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Hey Douch, I finally seen this build log, here is some tips for you, if your doing a driver side port in a band pass why don`t you rebuild the drivers side wall so it follows the "b" piller for more port area. You dont want all that pressure to stay in the box. If your doing sealed (4th order) try to find tubes to gain as much volume in the back as you can plus better flow with tubes. Ditch all that sillicone and duck tape a use bondo and or shortstrand fiberglass. If you got to tape something up use tin tape and smooth it out. Just some stuff i have learned in the years :D Nice avitar :good:

Mike and Mark

[email protected]

18741a0.jpg

Hey Douch, I finally seen this build log, here is some tips for you, if your doing a driver side port in a band pass why don`t you rebuild the drivers side wall so it follows the "b" piller for more port area. You dont want all that pressure to stay in the box. If your doing sealed (4th order) try to find tubes to gain as much volume in the back as you can plus better flow with tubes. Ditch all that sillicone and duck tape a use bondo and or shortstrand fiberglass. If you got to tape something up use tin tape and smooth it out. Just some stuff i have learned in the years :D Nice avitar :good:

yeah i know im staying away from tape and silicone and going to glass/bondo the loading wall and going to do it right this time once everything like the loading wall and what not is all figured out

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

yeah i know im staying away from tape and silicone and going to glass/bondo the loading wall and going to do it right this time once everything like the loading wall and what not is all figured out

Good plan. Can you still brace up the walls and back wall still? I would screw some 2x4`s or steel, just something to stop those big pannels from resonating and flexing.

Mike and Mark

[email protected]

18741a0.jpg

i was actually wondering myself about that i can take out the back wall and was thinking of taking it out and bringing the box's back as for as i can i can get a good 2.5-3" back taking that out and then just use 2x4s on the back of those box's to brace it up (im making 4 sealed 2 cube box's)

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

Just out of interest, how are you charging the rear batts? Second alternator? Kinda no need for all that 0ga lol...

there was a single batt before so i had all these runs ran for that then decided to switch to 16 volt system and i know i dont need all that 0 gauge

and it will be a 16 volt alt powering the rear with stepdown for the front batt

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

Archived