x2....sounds like its running from a constant 12v source....

I've saw newer cars that if you get the remote at the ign harness the car has stayed on. I believe it was an 08 impala.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

It sounds to me like somewhere in the car the ACC line is touching a constant 12V line. Check all your amp terminals for little strands of wire.

I'm not sure if it would effect the starting if it was like this though... do Tahoes have the setup like most cars where when you go to crank it the ACC line turns off for a moment? It's possible that when it can't turn the ACC off it doesn't allow the engine to crank.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It sounds to me like somewhere in the car the ACC line is touching a constant 12V line. Check all your amp terminals for little strands of wire.

I'm not sure if it would effect the starting if it was like this though... do Tahoes have the setup like most cars where when you go to crank it the ACC line turns off for a moment? It's possible that when it can't turn the ACC off it doesn't allow the engine to crank.

sounds to me like the radio is wired with the red from the HU to the constant, instead of the yellow.

on top of that do you have starter kill on your alarm>?

maybe it needs to be reset..

(2008) Florida State Champion Bass Race 140-149.9

(2008) Florida State Champion Bass Boxing Middleweight Class

This thread is almost a month old... i'd imagine he fixed the problem by now guys...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000