Sonic Electronix

Considering A Build, And Want Your Help!

now onward to more questions, what areas of the car should I cover? all I really know right now is to hit the roof >.>

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Considering A Build, And Want Your Help!, A true enthuistist of loudness asking for help from the community

You asked for help but youre not taking any, youre just saying everyone else is wrong. If you truely know more than anyone why did you ask for our help?

Also you roof will sag nicely with apox. 30 lbs. of deadening on it

im gonna add what I need to so I can make it right, about how much material will get it right? Should 1 layer be good? I have 6 available here, but the question is, what spots do I need to hit? I was thinking the doors because that could make noise with enough pressure....

and as for the amps, im not asking for people to bitch about how the amp sux, thats not the help im asking. It's whats worth throwing it, what would be good, who makes good flare ports, how to make rounded ports (flared as you call it), how to get the outline of the inside of the car so I can get 3 layers of MDF nicely over X and Y... which that reminds me, what would be a good tuning freq over the RE MT 18 to get it doing high output in music? (I want it to be a music playin' machine, not a fart box)

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Deaden everywhere, areoports www.partexpress.com, make cardboard templates for outlines, around 30hz should be good since the the mts are low end monsters anyways

my box is tuned at 28 :D

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

how do I get the outline with the cardboard?

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

aight, imma drag this over into the build logs, I think im ready, got my material, have the components started, have my base amps, and have a new cam, now all I need to do is remember to bring the cam when I go to dan's to work on this... (its his car, but me and him go back, kinda like Steve an' Chicken, the only difference here is neither of us are rich ^^)

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

I know more about speakers then you do, and I can easily tell you shit you didnt know which can effect the sound, and why its RMS rating doesnt mean shit

Woooooooooooooow. You mean RMS really doesn't mean shit? I never knew. I just run my speakers at 4 times the RMS for a laugh http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

To be slightly helpful, because I can, regarding deadening. What is your main aim with the car? Deadening (especially the roof) can hurt on the meter. It will also lower the cars resonant frequency... which also hurts your termlab score.

Even deadening one side of the car but not the other can give you gains. In some brief experimenting we did we found that deadening the non-meter side but leaving the meter side alone gave better numbers in more than one car.

If it's for street-beating, deaden everything in front of the wall. Doing the floor doesn't do much except lower road noise but if you have an excess of deadening material, go for it. Doing the firewall is difficult (have to take dash out) but very effective in increasing SQ as well as lowering engine and road noise. Make sure you do both the inner and outer skins of the doors, they are the most critical for your fronts.

Consider 2 layers on your roof, if you don't want to be able to surf the waves on your roof.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Consider 2 layers on your roof, if you don't want to be able to surf the waves on your roof.

lawl

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer