Second Skin Audio

All Whacked Over T-lines Now !

Hey Airborne, earlier you said > if I could figure out how to build my own crossover.... <

Nearly all new HU's, and lots of the better amps have adjustable low pass x-overs, that should work just fine with a t-line setup, just as they would, with any other subwoofer setup.

I'm just not sure why this would be an inpass for you ?

Hmmm,

Peace,

Fish

I am eventually going to build something like this for my garage, and run it from my reciever. That's why I said I didn't know how to build a cross over. I want to do one for the car, but I am short on space. I do have a Sundown E8 but that is going in a center console in my pickup.

Man Forevr, I think I have decided that I will try a t-line..... even if I start out with just a simple (temporary) rectangle cube box, ported and tuned.....

Like I have said, building a test t-line would just be too easy, and cheap, 'not' to try it. You can get a 12" by like 14ft piece of Sono Tube for around $45. Then like I said, if it sounds great, fold that sucker in a sharp u-turn, put a finish on it, and slap it in there :-)

Oh BTW, one more thing.....

http://www.t-linespeakers.org/projects/steve/index.html

This guy started out with a t-line for a single sub. Sounded phenominal. So then he wanted to run an additional sub, and he tried a (IMPO) dumb idea of adding a sub at the other end, making it sealed. That sounded like.... well, a 'not so great' sealed enclosure. Then, he finally went to running both subs at the same end of his original t-lines, and they sounded great again.... telling me that 'maybe' I will be okay to run 'both' of my 12"s at one end of a 12" x 9ft t-line.... and not neccessarily to have to run them face to face, with one out of phase, either.

Peace,

Fish

So the end of the tube is open? If that is so I will build one tomorrow.

Yeah man, t-lines I think are easier to build with a more predictable output

if you do the very simple U-turn box, calculating them is easy, and they are almost as easy to make as a sealed box

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Hey Airbourne {somebody correct me if I'm wrong} but I believe it has to do more with > how long does the t-line have to be if it's a 10" diameter, and you are shooting for say 33 hz.... then it will be longer, for either a lower frequency, or for a larger pipe diameter. From what I gather, pretty much any 10" sub, will need to be in a 10" diameter t-line, and a 12" sub, in a 12" diameter pipe..... But then again, this part of the equasion might not be that critical, as at least the one guy I posted the link for, reported good results with two 12"s in a single 12" diameter t-line, and this was "after" running just a single sub in the same t-line first.....

Peace,

Fish

so how do I figure the length for an Alpine type E 10"? Once I figure this out, I'll bet you I end up building 50 of them for my Army bro's.

Fish, from what I am seeing, all I need is some pvc or sanotube. Sub in one end and nothing on the other? How do I figure out how long to cut the tube?

Find your sub's res. freq. and tune the tube to it.

"At 20 Hz, the wavelength is about 55 feet, and this is where a 14 foot tube will resonate."

wont the tube resonate as the bass note rises? and wont the end of it make turbulance? (sp) and i was thinkin of somethin, as much tube as it would take u could do a tline in less the space? but ive wonderd the longer the port the lower the tuneing? and could u do a 2 sub 1 port setup were the subs are on the ends and theres a "t" fitting in the middle and then the port goes from that might help with tuneing also, ive put an 8'' sub ina old trashcan and it acually sounded good when i made a hole in the end of it, but could a tube u use for a concrete work better? but then again wont the end make turbulance? might work but the lingth of tube would prolly not fit tho, but couldn't u just build an encloser and put the tube in it kinda like u would an aero port? im wantin to try this also but i think that might work were u have 1 sub on left, one sub on right and a t fitting in middle with port there and u could use the tube were the subs are attached for tuneing also?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Hey Dred, don't try to scare him :-) For one thing, he probably won't have to tune quite so low as 20hz, and therefor, won't need a 14ft pipe. For another, while tuning to the res. frequency of the sub might work well, I believe they can be tuned slightly higher, and still grab down a little lower.

I'm hoping I can get by with tuning mine to 30 or 32 hz, even though I believe the res, freq. for my subs is 27hz.... then again, if need be, I suppose I could put another 45 degree bend in my pipe, add another few feet, and get it all the way down to 27hz :-)

BTW Dred, I see your new here. Have you built and used t-lines yourself ?

Peace,

fish

Find your sub's res. freq. and tune the tube to it.

"At 20 Hz, the wavelength is about 55 feet, and this is where a 14 foot tube will resonate."