Second Skin Audio

BTL's

2 12's hopefully i'll be able o make a box soon. ima try and see if steve wil help me design but thats all. i as most people will want to be heard a block away...and ya isn't that amp like $2500?? wat about 2 amps that will get the BTL's or should i just drop BTL? wat bout XXX's

To Slide Sideways Or Not To Slide Sideways?

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-5000DVDSpeakers: 4 Pionner TS-G6842R Amplifier: Alpine MRD-300Subwoofers: 10" JL

1k RF amp if its 2500 RF can go fuck themselfs.  no but seriously its probably around 400 bucks for the 1 amp.

Id drop the BTL or XXX idea unless you wanna throw alot more money into it.

if you want 2 12s you need 2k watts rms so you would need the RF T2000.1BD for 2 Qs  which would be over your 1k limit.

2 Qs alone are 518

so if you wanted a custom box 50 bucks in materials maybe, and 30ish bucks for someone to design something.  that leaves roughly 400 our of the 1k for an amp which limits you to probably a power acoustik a3000db alot better then what you durrently have but not a RF by a long shot.

2 12's hopefully i'll be able o make a box soon. ima try and see if steve wil help me design but thats all. i as most people will want to be heard a block away...and ya isn't that amp like $2500?? wat about 2 amps that will get the BTL's or should i just drop BTL? wat bout XXX's

Sounds to me like ur on a budget but u wanna be lound and sound good too. Id do 1 dual 2ohm Q15 with a Autotek MM1000.1D wired down to 1ohm (bout $225 on ebay and it does a lil over 1200rms) or a dual 1ohm Q15 with a Kicker ZX1000.1D series'd up to a 2ohm load (runs about $300 on ebay and will do about 1200rms). If u do either one u probably could get the sub and 1 of those amps for about $500-$600. Add another $500 for ur electrical system,various wires, etc.... and u can be bump'n for around a $G-note. Thats if u already have a radio.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

Sounds to me like ur on a budget but u wanna be lound and sound good too. Id do 1 dual 2ohm Q15 with a Autotek MM1000.1D wired down to 1ohm (bout $225 on ebay and it does a lil over 1200rms) or a dual 1ohm Q15 with a Kicker ZX1000.1D series'd up to a 2ohm load (runs about $300 on ebay and will do about 1200rms). If u do either one u probably could get the sub and 1 of those amps for about $500-$600. Add another $500 for ur electrical system,various wires, etc.... and u can be bump'n for around a $G-note. Thats if u already have a radio.

sounds like a plan there, a 15 would take aout the same space as 2 12s for a box and if its going in that lil car in your avatar your gonna love the sound you get form it.

looked at the wrong amp. cardomain wants 550. out the door for one. ok im really getting this. im trying to get certified at the same time. ok so unless i drop like 2k for the amps BTL's BYE BYE :rip_1: ok so i need 1 RF T20001bd and thats 1k let alone the 518 for 2 12's Q so like $1500. not too bad but wat ya think?

To Slide Sideways Or Not To Slide Sideways?

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-5000DVDSpeakers: 4 Pionner TS-G6842R Amplifier: Alpine MRD-300Subwoofers: 10" JL