Sundown Audio

Memphis 16-mcd4kw

Justin

I ran 4 in my last setup and I'm about to sell the 2 I still have to go with more powa, but they're good amps. If your voltage goes much below 12v you will fry them though. A 16v setup really needs to be charging 18-19 volts to keep your batts charged, and while the amps will do great for comps on that voltage, you put them at risk for a daily driver. A MLA module will be your best bet to keep your voltage a little higher without endangering your amp or vehicle.

So you are saying that they wont go into protection below 12v? I have been seing people running around 15v with good results. Or is that still to low I mean I would love to get maximum rms but if its not good to be a 16v daily driver then what route should I go with this amp?

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

So you are saying that they wont go into protection below 12v? I have been seing people running around 15v with good results. Or is that still to low I mean I would love to get maximum rms but if its not good to be a 16v daily driver then what route should I go with this amp?

if it ain't good at 16 volts and above then keep it around 14.4 -15 potna. do a couple runs of 1/0, a few batteries, a HO alt or two and a MLA module and stop that voltage dropping from hating on your amps.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

if it ain't good at 16 volts and above then keep it around 14.4 -15 potna. do a couple runs of 1/0, a few batteries, a HO alt or two and a MLA module and stop that voltage dropping from hating on your amps.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I am trying to figure out what I need to pair with this amp as far as subs. I want to wall it but I am only going to have enough money to just get two subs but will eventually add to this (another 4k and 2 more subs). I like the fi btls either 15's or 12's or which ever you guys think will be best for my aplication keep in mind that I want to wall it. But it will be used as a 90% daily driver. So would the btls work? The only way I can use the btls is run the pair of dual 2's at .5 but then it wouldent be good to run the amp at .5 all the time or would it be fine. I am confused please help. This is all going in a 99 2dr blazer 4.3 I have the alt and wiring ready just need to figure out which subs Any help would be great.

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

Ok I am trying to figure out what I need to pair with this amp as far as subs. I want to wall it but I am only going to have enough money to just get two subs but will eventually add to this (another 4k and 2 more subs). I like the fi btls either 15's or 12's or which ever you guys think will be best for my aplication keep in mind that I want to wall it. But it will be used as a 90% daily driver. So would the btls work? The only way I can use the btls is run the pair of dual 2's at .5 but then it wouldent be good to run the amp at .5 all the time or would it be fine. I am confused please help. This is all going in a 99 2dr blazer 4.3 I have the alt and wiring ready just need to figure out which subs Any help would be great.

That amp is 1ohm stable u need 2 dual 1ohm subs i have that same amp running 2 18" BTL'z d1

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

I loved my MOJO (but my b---h of an ex-wife won't give it back) they are damn good amps but they are power hungry. To get the best performance I kept it at nothing less than 14v. I had 3 runs of 1/0 wiring, 3 batteries and a 250 amp alternator and it kept on going, just do your self a favor and don't get married if you want to keep it.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

That amp is 1ohm stable u need 2 dual 1ohm subs i have that same amp running 2 18" BTL'z d1

Do you have a wiring diagram?

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png