Second Skin Audio

What Is This Box Tuned To?

Without woofer displacement it is roughly tuned to 31hz. It actually says in the port calculator that I used it is not in the 1:8 port ratio that should be followed to eliminate port turbulance. Your port is 4" tall X 34" wide which is a 1:9ish ratio. I'd try making the port a heigth a little wider or cut the width of the port down a few inches.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Without woofer displacement it is roughly tuned to 31hz. It actually says in the port calculator that I used it is not in the 1:8 port ratio that should be followed to eliminate port turbulance. Your port is 4" tall X 34" wide which is a 1:9ish ratio. I'd try making the port a heigth a little wider or cut the width of the port down a few inches.

if I cut the width down would that raise tuning a little, I want it at least at 33 preferably 35ish.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

basically I built the box but only had a very limited time to do it so without really thinking about it I put the port along the length of the bottom instead of the length of the side, and I really don't feel like having to rip the front off and port and remake it if I don't have to.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived